EPSON SC P600

Edit My Images
No
I have just bought my first A3 printer. I've printed one B & W image A4 and three colour prints all A4 size just to test it. But one black ink cartridge has already run out!!!?? Is this normal?? Just doesn't seem right to empty so quickly.

Please advise if anyone can :)

I have just bought my first A3 printer. I've printed one B & W image A4 and three colour prints all A4 size just to test it. But one black ink cartridge has already run out!!!?? Is this normal?? Just doesn't seem right to empty so quickly.

Please advise if anyone can :)
Ouch - all printers use quite a lot of ink on initial charge your chosen printer I believe has to fill quite long tubes which move with the print head instead of the cartridges sitting on top of the head. Therefore I would expect a big hit on your printer initially but be fine thereafter. Also sometimes the manufacturer doesn't ship fully charged cartridges - I can't speak for your Epson printer in this regard.

I think if you purchase direct from Epson it will have "starter" cartridges which are I believe about 70% full. If you purchase cheaper elsewhere you will quite likely get almost empty carts.

Perhaps you could contact Epson UK and ask them what they think about your situation, then get back to us and let us know what they've said?

I have been seriously considering buying a new A3 photo quality inkjet printer next time the ink runs out on my A4 photo printer. I've opted for and owned Epson printers for a few months short of 20 years now. So I'd be particularly interested in what they have to say, as the cost and consumption of ink will be a major consideration when I come to replace my current printers (and choose which make and models to buy).

Last edited:
That's not right. I have the same printer and have printed around 8 x A3+ sized images. 2 of those black and white. Also a couple of A4 prints.

I've only now refilled the light black cartridge (I use the Marrutt refill kits). The magenta is nearly out and the rest are between half and quarter full.

Do yourself a favour and invest in one of these kits.
http://www.marrutt.com/find-my-prin...0-printer/epson-surecolor-sc-p600-printer-ink

Last edited:
Perhaps you could contact Epson UK and ask them what they think about your situation, then get back to us and let us know what they've said?

I have been seriously considering buying a new A3 photo quality inkjet printer next time the ink runs out on my A4 photo printer. I've opted for and owned Epson printers for a few months short of 20 years now. So I'd be particularly interested in what they have to say, as the cost and consumption of ink will be a major consideration when I come to replace my current printers (and choose which make and models to buy).
Could you not consider the A2 as its print cost is far less. like you I have always had Epson printers and always used their own inks and dont find it particularly expensive to print and I find the P800 is the best Ive had yet.

Thanks for all your help everyone. It could be that I used the wrong paper profile when printing monochrome. I've had some advice from a very knowledgeable friend who has the same printer and has been printing for years with Epson so and I now know about ensuring you choose the correct paper/profile which I didnt realise just how important that was. Ive had a hectic week but will phone Epson tomorrow and see what they say. Watch this space!

What I have printed has been excellent though. Very impressed.

Back