Epson Stylus Photo R2880 continuous ink system advice?

Name
Jack
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

I am looking to buy a continuous ink system for an empson stylus photo r2880.

I'm quite new to this continuous ink stuff and would like the advice of people who are using it.

Is it worth the installation time and money investment for someone who will be using it daily?

anything i should know about CIS?

any recommended systems/retailers selling CIS for the epson stylus photo r2880?

many thanks to all :)

-k

I had one of these and i got one from Lyson they are supplied by Marrutt, i sold the whole lot in the end because it was not used enough but they supply reasonably priced paper that is profiled to the ink and gives great performance.

I am sure someone will give alternatives but i can recommend Marrutt as the customer service was very good with help for setting it up and when i had any problems.

Mac

fotospeed since its the same system as the lyson one but cheaper

had it for over a year with my R2400 and no problems. I would get yourself an external waste tank though as CIS systems do tend to need head cleaning more often

Hello both

Many thanks for the feedback. I've googled your suggestions but I'm not entirely sure what I am looking for.

Could you be so kind as to paste me a link to one of the products you refer to;

fotospeed, lyson, so on?

once i've seen it i'll have an idea of what i'm looking at

still a newbie and all :)

Thanks guys, your patience is very much appreciated!

fotospeed and lyson look essentially the same thing.

you can get a system with just the one photo or matt black or you can get both (I went for both although I only use photo really). There is an expense at the start but I've saved over 1k this year in ink by using the CIS system

POAH,

Does the make of the CIS system itself really matter? After all, it's just a collection of tanks and pipes isn't it? Surely the important bit is the ink - and I like what you say about fotospeed's Claria replacement, BTW (y)

the way the cart is put together etc is important you don't want it leaking lol but yes essentially they are just a collection of carts, pipes and tanks.

Back