Equine shoot

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Having had a run of shoots with horses that took ages to get used to the flash, it was lovely to work with this guy, who was an absolute dream yesterday. This was despite having to work quite quickly, as he had a full clip, and was flippin freezin!

I don't normally shoot in portrait format, and would have preferred landscape, but client requested it :)

Edited image
MBP0177-2-2.jpg

Last edited:
Arrrrgh! You and your damned sunspots! :D

Otherwise love it, although it looks fractionally off straight.

The horse is beautiful and I like the lighting, nice background, but the scruffy girl kind of ruins it.

id clone out the green flare and orange tinge over the noseband, otherwise nice..

Your wish is my command ;-)

Very nice indeed.... (y)

Was this the on camera flash or FlashGun etc??

It was portable battery off camera strobe, with lots of light to over power the sun.

Arrrrgh! You and your damned sunspots! :D

Otherwise love it, although it looks fractionally off straight.

I tell ya, flare, its the way forward.....but just possibly in this instance you may be right.....but only possibly ;)

It is a little off cock too.

The horse is beautiful and I like the lighting, nice background, but the scruffy girl kind of ruins it.

Lol, I'll tell her you said that! Horsey girls are notoriously strong :)

I like it- the flash works well with the available light :clap:

Les (y)

Ps Scruffy???? That horse is well turned out :LOL:

:) No offence meant, maybe I should of put a smile by my scruffy comment :)

The horse is very well turned out. (y)

great shot and lighting, really shows the magnificence of the animal.

Bravo Mark...that is one big horse (or the girl is petite, to say the least)...love the way you got well down below the both of them for this shot. That was key to showing the power of the animal and the spirit of the girl to handle it.

This shot rocks! The sun flare adds to the photo. Great image!

Thank you :)

Bravo Mark...that is one big horse (or the girl is petite, to say the least)...love the way you got well down below the both of them for this shot. That was key to showing the power of the animal and the spirit of the girl to handle it.

It's a combination of small (ish) lady and big (ish) horse, but you're right getting down always works for me :)

Back