ESSEX Landscape from moving Steam Train --

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
One of my Epping and Ongar railway series -- at first though the was 'Too Messy' BUT some members here may think it is 'Artistic' - a Camera Club Judge would think it 'Messy' BUT you Forum members are more 'Sensible' !! Minolta Dynax 4, expired 'Tudor 100 '( FUJI) film rated 64 ASA, Canon 9000f Mk II scanner + Vuescan Pro, FastStone Image Viewer.
Essex from Train.jpg

l like it, it gives a good view of a slice of life and doesn't have any obvious sign of a window or glass in the way. I once tried to take photos from the Glasgow-Mallaig line and only managed one decent image out of hundreds - and that was when the train was stationary on the Glenfinnan viaduct ....

Last edited:
Oh Well -- it never made the 'Final Selection for Awards' at Brentwood Photographic Club last night Judged by Sue Dobson CPAGB.

As part of a series for a presentation of related work it makes sense; it even makes sense as a single image if you know the story behind it

Club Judges wouldn't know that, so judging along the usual guidelines as a Judge (and yes I am one), it wouldn't make it into my selection either

Club judging is largely ruled by the more technical side of things, as that helps members learn who to shoot 'better'; anything more 'artistic' that doesn't also adhere to most of the 'rules' is likely to fair badly

I gave 1st place to a technically proficient but very arty shot a few months back and was later told by the President that it was a controversial choice that most didn't/wouldn't agree with! Can't win either way at times :D

Dave

Yes -- Tudor Film is FUJI .
Thanks for input by DG Phototraining by the way.

Back