Europe Preshoot

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I have been shooting weddings for the past 5 years. This year 2 of my couples have requested to be be taken to Europe for a preshoot.

Couple 1 want to do Lyon or Marseilles.

Couple 2 want to do Rome.

Can any one help with locations and places of interest in these 3 locations.

Thanks in advance.

If the couple have been specific in requesting these areas, surely they have something already in mind?

Also check that your insurance covers you!

First thing I would do is log on to a forum and pretend to ask for location advice whilst secretly just showing off about my awesome pre-wedding shoots abroad ;)

Brilliant and just what I was thinking too although without the word awesome.

Why not look at some French & Italian blogs? streetview? A guidebook? Why not just get there a day early and go for a stomp around the cities yourself and get a bit of a route together otherwise how will you root the couple into the context so that the end product looks like it was actually shot in one of the named cities and not just look like a couple in some streets? Are they locals? If so why not ask them for things in the cities that mean something to them?

Surely if you've based your business around destination photography, you've done something similar before.

One of the problems you'll have is avoiding hundreds of tourists in your shots. Although maybe that would make them that bit different.

come on guys, leave the cynicism at the door for a few days for the newbies?

Surely if you've based your business around destination photography, you've done something similar before.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

Back