Even these 80 pairs of legs are hard work!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
Not exactly fast movers, but these small millipede (about an inch and a bit) still continued to walk the walk. Still need to work on this flash though...

2048mill01.jpg

2048mill02.jpg

Paul.

Milli's are a pita always got their heads down you need to catch them going over an edge to get them face on.

Light is not too bad maybe when George shares a pic of his diffusion we might have a great solution. Need to try the ring flash on the Venus. :)

He's showing a nice bit of patterning on the head in the first - but wasn't head-on enough. And so many living subjects are not only moving to make it hard, they are in the worst possible places to easily reach.

Hope George can get an example of the light, the RF is killing 75% of the shots used when it's on.

Paul.

Lighting looks good, and they are indeed a challenging subject. Would really like to see what it's face looks like though...

Lighting looks good, and they are indeed a challenging subject. Would really like to see what it's face looks like though...

That's what I was hoping for, but it never gave me the ideal chance..

Paul.

Try place a small stick in it's path. Hopefully it will begin to walk over it, and you can then lift if slightly. You end up shooting one handed but with a bit of struggle (and fighting the lactic acid build up) it can sometimes workout. Alternatively coax it onto the edge of something larger, just as long as you get enough clearance for you lens to shoot from lower down. If all that fails, just pick it p and take it somewhere more optimal to shoot it. As long as you put it back where you got it from I can't see any harm in that approach.

Back