evening poppies

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I was looking for some poppies, but the field in Bewdley that has become popular apparently does not have a display this year :(

not to be deterred, i found an alternate, albeit with significantly fewer poppies...

as always, any comments, critique or general feedback very welcome :D

cheers,

M

As you've asked for critique, I'll give it a go.

The first, whilst I think I can see what you might have been aiming for, there's no a part of this image that's in focus. It's not working for me on any level.

2, 3 and 4 all together....given the time of day and the light available from an already set sun, you've given in to the temptation to lighten the foreground too heavily to bring out detail.
It results in an image (in this case, 3 images), that look like the sky was taken in the evening, and the foreground was taken hours earlier.

The last one, whilst not having the most exciting of compositions, is rather pretty....a typically English summer pastoral scene.

Not keen on the 1st as there just seems to be so much OOF but I do like the 2nd and next to last,

thanks all for the replies, always helpful to get other's perspectives...

was definitely in two minds regarding the first, mostly it is out of focus, so i pushed the processing a bit more aiming for a sense of poppies, more than poppies (if that makes any sense?)

regarding the light / dark balance of the others, probably guilty as charged in trying to bring back foreground detail whilst retaining the colours of the dark sky (some were in fact bracketed shots, merged via HDRpro in PS) - it's that elusive balance between realism and detail of an evening shot :rolleyes:

anyway, thanks all for the feedback, much appreciated :kiss:

M

1, 2 and 4 work for me, though I think you have over-done the 'soft/glow' processing on the first image a touch. Numbers 3 and 5 lack for places tht the eye easily settles compared to the others.

Back