Experiment with E6 Processing ---

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
The cost of E 6 kits is so high and so is teh processing cost so when i was given 3 Jessops E6 kits by Sons of my deceased Great Friend I had a look -- all the Colour devleoper part 2 was totally dark Purple and Oxidised. The DATES on the kits ranged from 1995 to 2002. I had a go at mixing 300mls of 1sr developer and the Bleach-Fix and used MY C41 Colour Developer to see what happened . The first half lof the Cur Film had very low D-Max and blue cast throughout. So tried increasing the C41 Colour Developer times and on second half got results but with a 'Bkleach' stain -- so back into Blix @ 100oF for another time. Scans showed a slight stain still on Fuji VELVIA 50 but on second Kodak Ektachrome VS 100 I got better colours but with a blue D-Max -- anyway here are results on 120 film size. ( had to take out film from Spiral and re-Expose to Light of course as the C41 Colour Dev has NO 'Fogging Agent' in it unlike the proper E6 Dev)
1992 dated Fuji Velvia 50 in Mamiya C220 with 135mm f4.5 'Blue Dot' Sekors
E6 Process Test 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
E6 Process Test 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
E6 Process Test 04 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
04/2004 dated Kodak Ektachrome VS in Hasselblad 501CM at near full aperture f3.2
E6 Tests 01 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
E6 Tests 02 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
E6 Tests 05 by Peter Elgar, on Flickr

I would love to start using slide film again but the quantity I would use and the cost of processing it myself would not justify me stating to use it again. The cost of the film itself seems prohibitive so what you have done with outdated film/processing kit is terrific.

At present I make do with digital images to project onto the screen in my living room but they lack the 'punch' or call it the 'wow' factor that even the cheapest slide film is capable of.

Back