Critique Experimental Ring-flash Diffusion Mark IV

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
What do you think of the light on these 4 pics? This is a new diffusion material I discovered today, three layers of it.

I found that the bee, I was actually too far away using ETTL for it to be what I wanted, so I had to increase the exposure in LR, and then add some NR to disguise the resultant noise. Hand held, manual focus - didn't manage the bee in the right place, but did get sharp focus on the top petal of a dead nettle flower!

1024newd0.jpg

I found some eggs underneath a brick - I assume from a slug, and they were a tiny bit reflective I suppose:

1024newd1.jpg

This is a lump of old newspaper which was originally stuffed into a gap down the side of the shed door frame. It has since fallen out and in it's dried state, now houses a small spider. WB adjusted to show the greyness of the paper (looked brown, thanks Venus) via the eyedropper in LR:

1024newd2a.jpg

Finally, what was going to be a photo of my daughter's iris but as she looked into the camera at three inches distance, the fits of giggling took over and as I pressed the shutter, so she giggled in perfect timing, and we ended up with her eye closed (but even so, I can tell she was in a laughing mood just by the way the skin looks!)

Gotta say, hand held, the sharpness of this Venus lens continues to astound me at times.

1024newd3.jpg

I think this new material has potential perhaps...

WDYT?

Paul.

Last edited:
Love the last one :)

the lens has had a name change to
LAOWA

Thanks Shaun :)

I know it's changed - that was flagged in my review of the lens back at the end of February on EPZ.

I suppose I ought to update my watermark too... :0

Paul.

Ok whats this new material you are talking about...

Eye shot is the best ... so so sharp...

fwiw keep calling it Venus as then people can't find our little secret out too easily ;)

That's interesting Paul, looking forward to seeing some more shots with that material.(y)

That eye shot sure looks sharp though matey and the lighting looks good. Must admit I very seldom use my Venus/LAOWA lens these days.

George.

That's interesting Paul, looking forward to seeing some more shots with that material.(y)

That eye shot sure looks sharp though matey and the lighting looks good. Must admit I very seldom use my Venus/LAOWA lens these days.

George.

The lighting looks good to all the shot for me and I think it is promising for your new experiment Paul;)

Thanks both - got a wasp today with it, will post up.

Paul.

Back