Eye reflection removal.

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening
I have taken a few photo today and unfortunately, the patio doors have reflected into the eyes of my niece. I haven't been able to save up enough for photoshop etc so am using GIMP. The problem is, I haven't been able to work out how to remove the reflections in the eyes. Does anyone have any suggestions or know how to do this as they are ruining the photos. If needs be i can put one up so you can see what I mean. Thanks

Evening
I have taken a few photo today and unfortunately, the patio doors have reflected into the eyes of my niece. I haven't been able to save up enough for photoshop etc so am using GIMP. The problem is, I haven't been able to work out how to remove the reflections in the eyes. Does anyone have any suggestions or know how to do this as they are ruining the photos. If needs be i can put one up so you can see what I mean. Thanks
im happy to have a go at it on photoshop when i finish work tonight if you like? Although the eyes might look a bit evil with no reflections at all?

Thats a very good point! I forget sometimes the fact that eyes should display reflections. The picture is below if you have time to have a play around (and thanks for the very kind offer). I know the top of her head is cut off, but when it has been added to the collage I have been building up, it won't make too much difference.

Pondering Toddler
by Forsyth1987, on Flickr

I just think they are too big. I take it they are fine then and you wouldnt alter them?

No, I don't think I would; it's a nice enough photograph with them :)

Same here I think it is fine with them (y)

After looking at bigger one on Flickr I'd be more concerned about cleaning her face a bit around her nose & right side of mouth :)

I was so preoccupied with the eyes, I must have missed that bit. Back off to GIMP I go. Thanks for the good spot

This^
That light and those catch lights are studio perfect.

Thanks, but it was pure fluke i assure you. I took the hint and just mopped up the little bits on the chin, nose etc and sent them to the Sister in Law who loved them as well.

Then you need to 'see' what you caught so you'll recognise it in future, when you're setting up a shot.

Back