Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:

Pretty good set I think!
…though the contrast is too strong in #2

Nice set. Love seeing side of it all.
Was wondering whilst watching the race when it turns to dusk and the floodlights come on. What are they like with taking pics of the cars on track.

No problem taking pics in the grandstands. Felt like probably 30% of the people in my stand had a DSLR. Security don't let you stand for more than a few seconds and you can't all pile on down the the barrier but otherwise it's fine. I only got a couple of keepers - first time trying panning shots... The ever-changing light through the race was a bit tricky, but not the end of the world.

Spanish Samurai
by stickyfiddle, on Flickr

Checo

Waw! Would love to totter around the pits. I love F1 immensely. I have been to Silverstone some years ago when Hamilton won his first Championship. It poured down!!

#2 is by far the best shot... but envy your pit access :( bet it is either a gift or expensive ticket ;)

Yeah, the Thursday pit walk was included in the standard 3-day ticket. I got a good early-bird deal that made it cheaper than the regular 2-day ticket, but still not cheap. Paddock Club tickets get a Friday pit walk which I imagine is even better but they pay thousands for the privilege!

No problem taking pics in the grandstands. Felt like probably 30% of the people in my stand had a DSLR. Security don't let you stand for more than a few seconds and you can't all pile on down the the barrier but otherwise it's fine. I only got a couple of keepers - first time trying panning shots... The ever-changing light through the race was a bit tricky, but not the end of the world.

Spanish Samurai

Checo
Thanks for reply. They looked good enough on the tv to get fairly decent shots if the body was capable of a high iso.
Great panning shots.
I'll have to wait till Feb time to test out my new d750 at Barcelona ( if it's there of course)

Back