Facebook - My Personal Account Was Disabled

Skyline

Emmet Brickowski
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
I thought I would ask on TP as I have asked on fb but in just an hour my post has disappeared down the list of a thousand questions

I wanted to open a second account. Filled everything in, it asked for a photo of me which I sent. Told me I couldn't use facebook until they looked at the photo. 3 days later it now says, Account Disabled.
I'm trying to fill in the 'My Personal Account Was Disabled' form, but when I try to upload a photo of my driving licence it wont load. It just keeps spinning like it's trying to upload but it never does. I've tried it on Chrome, IE and Safari, All with the same problem.
The image is a small file and it is a jep (they only except jpeg).

Any idea what I can do?.... except don't bother :D

You have to upload a picture of your driving license to open an account on Facebook ????

:ROFLMAO:

is that normal, I genuinely wouldn't know

part of me is interested, just from a "that sounds ridiculous" perspective, the other part of me just wants to say don't have an account
but that's like telling somebody to stop fannying about with their phone, its a physical impossibility..

all in all, that's my exceptionally unhelpful yet mildly inquisitive post...:)

You have to upload a picture of your driving license to open an account on Facebook ????

:ROFLMAO:

is that normal, I genuinely wouldn't know

part of me is interested, just from a "that sounds ridiculous" perspective, the other part of me just wants to say don't have an account
but that's like telling somebody to stop fannying about with their phone, its a physical impossibility..

all in all, that's my exceptionally unhelpful yet mildly inquisitive post...:)

At least I got a reply :LOL:

You don't have to ad a pic of driving license normally. It's if your account gets disabled (for whatever reason). They need proof of who you are. I guess with all the bad things and people that gone on there they need to make sure you are who you say you are.... But I'm only guessing.

It's if your account gets disabled (for whatever reason). They need proof of who you are. I guess with all the bad things and people that gone on there they need to make sure you are who you say you are.... But I'm only guessing.

What do they compare the licence image to? If you have many people loaded up in your photo section, who is to say which is the genuine you or that you have not taken a quick discrete snap of someone else's licence with a camera phone?

Sounds a bit dubious. Who else would know your login?

Another ploy to acquire more personal details? - all sorts of info on a driving licence.

Opening a 2nd account is strictly against Facebook’s T&C’s.

I don’t understand why anyone would be confused when they failed to blatantly break the rules

What do they compare the licence image to? If you have many people loaded up in your photo section, who is to say which is the genuine you or that you have not taken a quick discrete snap of someone else's licence with a camera phone?

Another ploy to acquire more personal details? - all sorts of info on a driving licence.
Its an official form of ID, probably less about the photo. Although they could look at the posting history and compare tagged photos and profile images etc. Most likely they're just covering their behind.

I guess you could blank the licence number and address if you really wanted.

They're not the only ones that require ID to unlock accounts, some online gaming providers (that get a lot of malicious attempts) do the same. I've had to send a image of a passport once (some details blanked).

Opening a 2nd account is strictly against Facebook’s T&C’s.

I don’t understand why anyone would be confused when they failed to blatantly break the rules

I did not know that

I have no idea. Maybe you should ask in the help section :LOL:

I used to know a guy at a place I used to work at who had tow facebook accounts, one was his normal one friends and family and pictures of his dog, his other one was for his rubber fetish s*** and for all his wierdo mates that was strictly separate.

I used to know a guy at a place I used to work at who had tow facebook accounts, one was his normal one friends and family and pictures of his dog, his other one was for his rubber fetish s*** and for all his wierdo mates that was strictly separate.

That's exactly why I was wanting another account. For my rubber fetish s*** and for all my wierdo mates :LOL:

Pretty sure Mrs Nod has 2 farceberk accounts - one business and another personal.

Not having any (excessively) weird fetishes or mates, I don't use my account and can't remember any of its details other than that my DoB on it is 1st April, possibly 1940. The e-mail account associated with it is now dead - .fsnet.co.uk is defunct!

Genuinely, go out and enjoy your time freed up from these leftist monsters gobbling up all your data. Under no circumstances give them any real data let alone an official ID scan!!!

Genuinely, go out and enjoy your time freed up from these leftist monsters gobbling up all your data. Under no circumstances give them any real data let alone an official ID scan!!!

After a long day I don't feel like going out at 10pm :D

I haven't even bothered with it after what Phil said.

After a long day I don't feel like going out at 10pm :D

I haven't even bothered with it after what Phil said.

To be honest I'd rather make myself suffer shooting milky way out in the cold now than waste time on that.

Back