Fade Away

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
Went out this morning to try my new Lee Super Stopper. Very impressed with it overall.

It was pretty misty first thing this morning but still had to clean up a few moving buoys and other distractions in PS. There was enough movement in the water to spill over onto the jetty which has almost a chrome appearance!

Last edited:
Some people might say that I live in a lovely place (South of France) and they would be right but........
You my friend have the luck of mist and fog.
And with that you can and do produce some stunning shots that are just not possible (well sometimes we get some fog/mist)
Yet another scorcher of a shot Neil, please don`t stop doing these types of shots.
Stunning just stunning.

There is a great danger to minimalism, Neil,
and I see you're heading straight toward it.

May I attract your attention that there are only
two elements left is this composition? I hope
you don't plan another shoot and omit the wood
walk because… :D

Cool take, Neil!

Thanks Graham

Amazing shot! It looks like a jetty I don't really want to walk on...
Thank you Plamen

Some people might say that I live in a lovely place (South of France) and they would be right but........
You my friend have the luck of mist and fog.
And with that you can and do produce some stunning shots that are just not possible (well sometimes we get some fog/mist)
Yet another scorcher of a shot Neil, please don`t stop doing these types of shots.
Stunning just stunning.
Cheers Graham

There is a great danger to minimalism, Neil,
and I see you're heading straight toward it.

May I attract your attention that there are only
two elements left is this composition? I hope
you don't plan another shoot and omit the wood
walk because… :D

Cool take, Neil!
haha, thanks Daniel. :)

Great shot Neil :clap: really like your stuff

Looks just as great here as it does on Flickr, Neil. Good stuff, has an almost metallic feel and the jetty almost looks frosty!

Great shot Neil :clap: really like your stuff
Thanks Damian

No Dominos this time? :p

Cracking shot though, would work well hung next to your last one :)
Cheers Ned

Looks just as great here as it does on Flickr, Neil. Good stuff, has an almost metallic feel and the jetty almost looks frosty!
Hello mate fancy seeing you here ;) Thanks for the comment it's much appreciated , was a little lucky with the water on the jetty as it seemed to just seep up through the panels at high tide.

Oh another cracker.

Now that is so different from the normal pier shots one sees. I am going to surpise myself and say I do like it for that very reason.

i like this shot alot! also you could have some fun in photoshop with it and photo manipulate and do some graphics with it :) good starting point for that maybe a haunted house theme ?

but overall i like this shot :)

I wasn't sure at first but after a long hard stare got drawn in - nice!

i like this shot alot! also you could have some fun in photoshop with it and photo manipulate and do some graphics with it :) good starting point for that maybe a haunted house theme ?

but overall i like this shot :)
Thanks Chris, I do the odd composite but am keeping my minimalist landscapes as simple as possible without overdoing them and adding elements etc. Might work on composites again in the winter when the weathers crap so I'll have more time for processing!

I wasn't sure at first but after a long hard stare got drawn in - nice!

you're nailing these minimalist pictures Neil. Me likey.

However I'm not sure on the off set of the jetty, not entirely sure why, it might be that I'm so used to seeing them bang in the centre that the off centre approach has thrown me.

Like that a lot! I can see what @MrDrizz is getting at, maybe because it's only just offset? Be interested to see it in a wider, more panoramic shot with the jetty offset further to the left and a wide expanse to the right.

However I'm not sure on the off set of the jetty, not entirely sure why, it might be that I'm so used to seeing them bang in the centre that the off centre approach has thrown me.

Like that a lot! I can see what @MrDrizz is getting at, maybe because it's only just offset? Be interested to see it in a wider, more panoramic shot with the jetty offset further to the left and a wide expanse to the right.

Very nice Neil, as always.

Cool shot Neil

Simple, subtle, superb.

Thanks for all the comments :)

I will take a look at a wider crop, might just work.

Seems you guys were spot on, I've given it a little more room to breath and made it 16:9 .

Cracking image!
You're on a roll mate, whilst you are certainly improving my love for togging at the moment is dying a slow death!

Back