Fairies

Name
Stu
Edit My Images
Yes
So much mystery and magic is lost the world,it's just plain cool to see that fairies are still alive,kicking and having a blast.:eek:

Not much more to say really:D you've only got to know where to look tis all ;)

_S2I8640 by Stuart Philpott, on Flickr

Oh I know what can I say,. :oops: :$ We had a fab time down at the Wall.............. one expects magical things in the Avalon Marshes . We saw our first bitterns two,too far. Magical big white faires shadow hunting,I'll show you later or oneday;). We also got to watch harriers,got a few egret images little else but it was more a recce for dawn sorties. Ham wall is pretty much what I expected,bar that Avalon hide. I felt oddly out of place there,ya know the kinda place real wildlife photographers go to make their images,not idiots like moi scrubblin about in the mud covered in god knows what The pov is wonderful for flight shots,but less appealing for much else for me

It's a bit of fun the image really I just loved the light play at the time I've tweaked it in dpp naturally as with any genuine image of the little folks no cloning or jiggery pockery mainly hilight taming:sneaky: and converted..1/250 f8 iso 800

seeya

stu

Could have been worse Stu - you could have met me there...........................;)
TBH though I very rarely go there. I can't put my finger on why but I don't like the place and always come away somehow dissapointed. I do go to Greylake fairly regularly but more for the butterflies, dragons and damsels in summer than birds. Maybe it's because I always feel uneasy in the flatlands.

:) Ahh I'd have taken that as well janny,you'ld educate me with something mate I can guarantee it and probably go away laughing,I'm not the most serious soul !!.

I really enjoyed it Jan, part of that is my darling struggles with hills so much,(damn arthritis),so she found it easier than normal. Much irony in photographing egrets for two of my first 3 sorties with my new toy ,something I have barely done before. . .It was really quiet Jan hardly anyone about,we had the hide to our selves in the eve which also was a big plus for me. It's a bit of an alien environment for me too Jan ,i'm far more familiar in our woods field and to a lesser extent now moorland(sadly),I sort of understand your comment. As an aside,. I'm always a bit out of place in these public reserves Jan,it's difficult to put into words,I guess I feel confined.especially as an image maker,as I say difficult to articulate.

But yes it was lovely I'd love to capture a bittern properly and a harrier. But really it's more than that........... It's really mists water and sunup...or down that interests me Jan image wise. More so actually, than subject matter wildife wise,I so rarely make images over water. . Really I was trying to work out potential places to be at dawn to shoot into the light . .I feel a bit better armed now, for the sort of image I see in my head.

cheers:)

stu

In my head I have an image of Glasonbury Tor rising over mist on the water at Ham Wall (done to death but not by me). September often gives the right conditions. Last September was a write off for a number of reasons. Maybe this year.................
I saw my first ever bittern at Ham Wall. Before that we went up there for the partial solar eclipse (2015?) because the sun was low at the start and neither of us had a good enough horizon at home, and as we watched we had an accompaniment of booming bitterns. That was a bit magical. My only half decent photo of a bittern was a fly past of Greylake.

In my head I have an image of Glasonbury Tor rising over mist on the water at Ham Wall (done to death but not by me). September often gives the right conditions. Last September was a write off for a number of reasons. Maybe this year.................
I saw my first ever bittern at Ham Wall. Before that we went up there for the partial solar eclipse (2015?) because the sun was low at the start and neither of us had a good enough horizon at home, and as we watched we had an accompaniment of booming bitterns. That was a bit magical. My only half decent photo of a bittern was a fly past of Greylake.

Me too Jan,mists, tor, mad light and birdy magic;):D Cheers for the come back," a bit magical "you are a hard lady mate:p "bitterns booming" sounds idyllic Jan, ya know that's a real issue for me and places like this(don't get me wrong I love 'em).But I want to find my own path,capturing nature,not really attracted by done to death. God knows how one finds that,but maybe it's easier where others aren't???

All that said, be it 300-400 500mm or what ever,it's still a tiny field of view to find something ...... isn't it:D

PS Jan,I was naughty,:Di'm a bit of a mimic,I can call a few beaties at times. I'm ok at bittern once I've head it a few times,one was reported calling...opps .........I felt it best stay in the really plush hide after that and behave:oops: :$

Very 'artistic' :p

But they are real Des:(

,b8ggers bite too !!

Back