Fairly SOBER Today !

Name
Peter
Edit My Images
Yes
2 of Brentwood's homeless 'Characters' -- usually DRUNK but today they actually were drinking COFFEE and complaining that Brentwood Borough Council has taken their bedding. They wanted their Picture on the 'Front Page' but I told them all local freelance photographers have gone broke as the newspapers no longer pay for Freelance Photos.
Fairly Sober Today by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
Olympus E-1 + Zuiko Digital 14-45mm f3.5-5.6

Last edited:
its there own doing ending up on the street
no pity for them what so ever

its there own doing ending up on the street
no pity for them what so ever

Although I am not a Salvationist I work as a volunteer helper two half days a week at the local Salvation Army hall. Your comment is one of the most uninformed I have ever read and is totally at odds with the real reason(s) most of them are in the position in which they find themselves.

Based on your opinion of them I will make the following observation, which is clearly your fault and not that of any third party, such as poor teaching of the English language. Your comment should be written as follows "It's their own fault for ending up on the street. I have no pity for them whatsoever."

Last edited:
:banana::banana::banana:
they all have a sob story

Given your attitude to those much less fortunate than you obviously are, I sincerely hope that you have a sob story to tell before the year is out.

thats a bit two faced and not a very christian thing to say from a volunteer
they need to give themselves a shake and get a job and stop putting a burden on the
hard working taxpayers like me
:mooning::mooning::mooning:

Last edited:
Don't feed the troll....

Don't feed the troll....

Thank you Rick. I was looking at it more from the point of view of helping the ignorant, forgetting that information can never, ever penetrate a closed mind.

The famous Bloke on the LEFT of pic often has people phoning Paramedics and when they come he refuses help and gets a bit violent -- too many 'Do Gooders' in Brentwood who do not know him. He has a 'Woman' and they both sit on seats in the High Street by the Beckett Chapel Runis and F and blind at each other -- she shouts " If it wasn't for YOU being F-----g Stupid we would not have been evicted" - then he gets up and walks off , then comes staggering back and sits down again and all goes quiet for a while -- I tell him " How is it you never get Skin Cancer being out in the Sun or Bowel Cancer like me as you are always drinking strong Lager- and how can you afford to keep smoking? " and he says " I TAKE them" -- not sure how he can pinch fags locked up behind shutters but have seen him going through Rubbish Bins in High Street picking out Dog Ends for tobacco.
I tell my Doctor and he says " They never reach Old Age like you " and I'm 81 now but had 4 lots of Cancer !

Last edited:
Given your attitude to those much less fortunate than you obviously are, I sincerely hope that you have a sob story to tell before the year is out.

You held the high ground until that comment.

To the OP, the only criticism I have is maybe shoot from their level rather than remain standing.

After my Bowel Cancer Operation I cannot BEND down -- sorry -- had to take it standing ! My stitches are almost healed-- would you like a photo of them ? Ha Ha !!

After my Bowel Cancer Operation I cannot BEND down -- sorry -- had to take it standing ! My stitches are almost healed-- would you like a photo of them ? Ha Ha !!

So, are you p***y are very slight crit? :rolleyes:

the Character on the LEFT was found DEAD in that shop doorway and another Homeless Man was arrested but released later -- now all the Homeless have been 'moved on somewhere' by the Council ---- He was in his 40's !! I thought he was about 60 it's TRUE what my Doctor said " They never reach a 'Ripe Old Age like YOU"

Back