Fairy Pools, Isle of Skye - New Pics Added

Name
Gerald Davies
Edit My Images
Yes
Here's one from my trip to the Isle of Skye last year. Fairy Pools, on a typical day in the shadow of the Black Cuillin Montains.

17128154680_eb28ba7efa_b.jpg

Crikey, that looks foreboding.
I really like the sombre, dark feel to this, especially the heavy skies.
The square format suits the image well as my eye darts between the water and the peaks.
I think I could find a place for this somewhere on a wall...

That's nice Gerald, great moody tones and well controlled shadow & highlight detail.(y)

George.

Crikey, that looks foreboding.
I really like the sombre, dark feel to this, especially the heavy skies.
The square format suits the image well as my eye darts between the water and the peaks.
I think I could find a place for this somewhere on a wall...

Thanks and yours for a suitable number of Jaffa cakes ;-)

I think the three added image knock spots off the first one.

I love the fairy pools, they're spectacular, I really where you took them from as it's the same angle you get when you swim in them and that is the best view. The mountains are amazing in all the pictures but I much prefer the waterfalls in the last 3 photos. I feel like the foreground in the first one is just a bit too dark (especially the bottom right corner) and there's not quite enough detail, but then I love the detail in the rocks. The last three show much more of the detail.

Photos taken on Skye never fail to impress..a lovely set.

I love the fairy pools, they're spectacular, I really where you took them from as it's the same angle you get when you swim in them and that is the best view. The mountains are amazing in all the pictures but I much prefer the waterfalls in the last 3 photos. I feel like the foreground in the first one is just a bit too dark (especially the bottom right corner) and there's not quite enough detail, but then I love the detail in the rocks. The last three show much more of the detail.

Thanks for the comments. I was going for very moody, but I can see if I can lift the detail in the first image, and see if that makes any difference.

Skye is an amazing place and cannot wait to get back!

Back