Fairy Pools, Isle of Skye

Unfortunately, for reasons of TV shows/films, Skye has become overcrowded. However, all of your shots are good, but IMO you have nailed it with number 1.

You should be well pleased with that one, just keep going back to Skye and anywhere in the NW Highlands.

Dave

Unfortunately, for reasons of TV shows/films, Skye has become overcrowded. However, all of your shots are good, but IMO you have nailed it with number 1.

You should be well pleased with that one, just keep going back to Skye and anywhere in the NW Highlands.

Dave

Thanks Dave that’s very kind - don’t worry we intend to return as soon as we can !

Nice shots, very sharp. For me the exposure is probably too long, looks 'silky' like, especially in 3. Favourite would be one, do the edges of the clouds look weird though?

Nice. Going there in a week or so. How early should one get there to 'beat' the crowd?

Blown sky. I’d invest also in a graduated soft filter as well - or bracket/blend exposures for sky and land

Good compositions and I agree about the water - it’s a bit too long. Try to retain texture - anything between 1/8th to 2 secs is good

Last edited:
You have a few nice compositions there, it's just a shame about the sky. For me, the blown sky and the blue/purple halo/fringing is too distracting. Instead of looking at the beautiful pools and the mountain behind it, my eye is immediately drawn to the sky and pulled away from the main focal point of the image. I'm not sure if it happened during post-processing or the original photo, but it spoils it for me I'm afraid.

The 20 second exposure is too long IMO and that is leading to odd looking clouds also where there is some purple/magenta fringing and banding
I agree with Steve @SFTPhotography about the shutter speed

Back