Falkirk Wheel

Edit My Images
No
Beautiful!

Reactions: ST4
A nice place to be n a sunset. Does it still light up at night?

I was thinking this, leaving it a little later when the sky is darker and its lit up would be really something.

Image is technically nice with two flaws, one some sensor dirt, two a little noisy but I suspect most wouldn't notice, lovely subject and light but would crop it a 7x5 or 5x4 aspect or even square cutting the lhs off

Noise was added in post.
I do have a square crop on Instagram and it works quite. Wouldn't say they were flaws as such though... just comes down to preference :^)

thats a great shot, would love to see it where it has been taken straight on to the arches so you would get a complete circle with the reflection and the railings at each side then leading into the shot

edit- suppose looking at it there is a complete circle but im sure you know what I mean

Last edited:
Very nice image but my first thought was "looks a bit noisy"

The left side might be a touch bright, but not an issue at all. Good capture and I expect you'll have to fight off some other TP members next time conditions are this good!

Thanks guys. I only went there as I knew the sky was going to put on a show so I was looking for something in the foreground... and it was on the way home. I was thinking the Kelpies at first but I've been there twice and hadn't seen the wheel yet. Really wish it didn't have a big stupid blue sticker on it :^(

Hi TPers

The light has been incredible the last few days so I thought I would pull over the car and take some photos.

Been so busy with all other aspects of my photography that I've had to neglect my landscapes.

I like how this one turned out.

Cheers
BK

Falkirk Wheel | www.bkcommercialphotography.com by Brian Konstantinou, on Flickr
That's a lovely shot with a beautiful sky. Well composed, but I wonder if an off centre horizon would improve it at all - just a thought and in no way detracting from an image I would gladly hang on my wall (y)

You might be right Tony.

I kinda wish I had my D750 or Fuji XT1 that day.

I could have used the LCD screen to get some better angles.

Maybe next time...

Back