Fallow Buck 1st Photo post

Thanks P.O , I was beginning to wonder , 60 plus views and not a word . Thanks for taking the time to comment .

Thanks P.O , I was beginning to wonder , 60 plus views and not a word . Thanks for taking the time to comment .

The comments are bit hit and miss, don't take it personally :)
Some posts will absolutely get loads and some barely any irrespective of the quality of post/picture.

As above love the atmosphere and the natural framing :)

That is a nice pic. As said, some images will get lots of comments and others none at all - c'est la vie.

Thanks I noticed it here on some other threads , will keep it on board .

Sorry mate mine was one of those views you got a reply too and as is so often the way I dashed off to do somit and forgot to submit,DOH :oops: :$. Sorry kiddo !!

Mark where do begin I think it's a lovely lovely frame,I don't see many black fallow . My local population contains none,where my hares are is much more variable,I'm told there is a pure white buck and we saw a black doe early this year. So I have little experience to drawn on with regards making images of such a dark deer. To shoot one against a bright BKG like this can't be easy you have handled a tricky image really well me olde mate,well done. Mark I found the boar tricky at first so big and black

As above it can be slow here with replies,obviously having the conversation killer ie a like button doesn't help. don't think anything of it buddy. The wildlife section can be somewhat slow,I guess more folks shoot birds tis all. It's lovely having you post here mate We have talked for so long....................... lovely seeing more of your work. But I agree no rhyme or reason to post replies think nothing of it

Mark a little thing that might help ya get more from talk photography,. By default the forum leaves you with "edit my images" as NO. you might want to change that. There are some very clever incredibly talented togs here bro!!!! For me letting them show me what might be worth investigating in post by changing that option to yes,might be worth doing? Mark you might be already aware and have made a choice if so cool. I'm more trying to make you aware of the choice and the NO by default option because on a crit forum like this seeing what could be possible editing wise can be really helpful. Oh might be worth popping techs up just a thought really,you might or might not want critique Mark, I've just learnt so damn much from this side of tog forums................. well you can judge that learning curve you re good self if there is one:LOL: You have seen a couple or three of my pics it's down to a couple of forums and some very generous folks and trying to take on board their thoughts.

Anyway buddy I best stop littering up your thread:D He's a fine fine chap,I'm hoping to get at some fallow myself shortly .I think i'm 3 years in and trying for a couple of bucks having a proper spat no joy. What we have seen has been amazing but no pics. They are seriously wild Mark,the population I'm after..... heavily culled completely "wired" tough subjects here's hoping

all the luck with it all mate not a bad first pic is it?;)

seeya

stu

No worries Stu , Epping has a good mix of colours for the Fallow , the black ones which are known as Melanistic , are a big part of Epping Forest`s history .
I don`t allow edits on my pics , as I already know there are people out there way more advanced than I am , editing is a bit of a bane for me . I know 99% of my photos would look better if I had better editing skills / knowledge . I struggle to learn from you tube and books ect , watch someone do it in front of me and take notes is how I seem to learn the best . When you allow edits most people just show you what they done , and don`t really give detailed lessons on how they actually done it , add to that I don`t use Lightroom or photoshop , half of what they tell me would be over my head most likely . Sorry to sound a bit negative on it , but seeing how much better people can make my photos look , is a bit like the rosy apple just out of reach . :chicken:

Nice enough image- it looks slightly under exposed to me though

Les :)

He's definitely a handsome chap Mark and well done on having it published in a couple of places (y)

When I first came here, pp'ing was like trying to speak Russian! :banghead: As Stu said above, there's some talented folk here and most are happy to help with processing.

Over the years I've come on leaps and bounds as far as pp'ing goes. I found youtube a great place to learn, watch 20 seconds, repeat what I'd watched, watch another 20 seconds, it doesn't take long before the penny starts to drop. I'd see meslf as intermediate at using Photoshop Elements 14, it does everything I need and a lot more, definitely worth buying, about 45 quid'ish without looking.

Les has mentioned above about it being a little under-exposed and I have to agree. I can see the main subject is stood in shade but the histogram is very left heavy.

I've just opened the shot in ACR and in no more than 30 seconds, lifted exposure and added a little clarity for contrast.

I won't be back on now for a couple of days but if you'd like to see the edit, I'm happy to give you a detailed description of what I did with screen shots of the histogram.

Welcome to the forum mate, seeing we couldn't get to Flamborough same time this year, hopefully bump into you over there next year (y)

Hi Phil , thanks . I have P.Md you here . Will be great to catch up with you again sometime .

No worries Stu , Epping has a good mix of colours for the Fallow , the black ones which are known as Melanistic , are a big part of Epping Forest`s history .
I don`t allow edits on my pics , as I already know there are people out there way more advanced than I am , editing is a bit of a bane for me . I know 99% of my photos would look better if I had better editing skills / knowledge . I struggle to learn from you tube and books ect , watch someone do it in front of me and take notes is how I seem to learn the best . When you allow edits most people just show you what they done , and don`t really give detailed lessons on how they actually done it , add to that I don`t use Lightroom or photoshop , half of what they tell me would be over my head most likely . Sorry to sound a bit negative on it , but seeing how much better people can make my photos look , is a bit like the rosy apple just out of reach . :chicken:

Mark, I struggle with post, aswell. My experiences here have been the lads will take time to explain I'm probably in the special needs category if we are totally honest:LOL::LOL:. I understand you mate and corse it's your photography your choice.................Phil is one of those lads it's cool you actually know him. I like him, the dude makes me laugh we have been having a crack for eons but I also have learnt a hell of a lot during that from him and another guy especially. I'm not trying to change your mind mate. I just struggle as well with editing and know how much these guys will help........................ as is evident above;)

Funny isn't it we can both quietly bumble up to a hare or deer which isn't always the easiest to be consistant at and yet processing the images leaves us scratching our heads. I think some of us are just wired differently mate the penny doesn't drop for me ,it's like banging a square peg in a round hole!!

Take care Mark Nice one Phil:)

Mark that's a nice shot of a Fallow buck with a good crop showing the habitat too, perhaps it is a little under exposed but as it is it still works, the rut will be amongst us all on here soon so I expect the activity on TP to be a tad more of a jog than a stroll :)

Great shot ,but i find them quite ugly when they are pumped up for the rut , how a deer can change so much in a few months is quite incredible .

Nice shot mark , can’t really fault the p.p as it was obviously in the shade ,which is the norm for these animals .. don’t worry about lack of comments some do some don’t

Back