Family portrait with a difference (Now edited (Twice!!))

Name
Umm......................
Edit My Images
Yes
full

I was asked to take a family portrait just before Christmas, but two of the little lads just wouldn't cooperate so I had to think of an alternative, and remembered seeing something similar to this, but with a smaller family.

I thought I would give it a try. I am pleased with the result, but the family and all their friends are delighted with it, so for me that is good enough.

What do you think? I think a small crop from the left is needed and I would place the light a bit higher next time.

Great idea but there is some really weird stuff going on in the blacks - almost like you've used a pure black canvas in your comp, but the images aren't pure black in the shadows. I'd also be inclined to go in much closer, cutting in not only on the left but the bottom too.

I think similar to what Ian said,

I can see the sharp edge corner of the baby photo, and the bottom edge of the father photo - because they are not the same level as the background.

If you raise the exposure of the image +4 to more easily clean up the background.

Looks fine on my monitor, great "vision", really like, possibly a bit niche but I would think you'd get a lot of similar orders.
Is it a pastiche or did you get the family to pose like that? Very "Queen", seeing as the film is out I can see it appealing to plenty of customers.

Thanks for your comments, the cc is really useful and I will reprocess with your advice in mind, maybe the weekend, but I will probably put the new version up for comments too.

Yes there is, I don't know why, maybe saved the wrong version!
Back to the drawing board.

Mike & Lucy Family2 by mrcrow_uk, on Flickr

great idea and one i will have to figure out how you did it so i can put my gang on a similar shot
i cropped and did some differential exposure across the faces to lower the shine on the lower parts
hope thats ok...

Thank you. Seven individual head shots, then composite in photoshop.

Back