Famous people shots

Heres a couple of moderately famous photographers, firstly Ian Berry a Magnum member probably best known for covering the Sharpeville Massacre in the sixties, but who's also created various influential works including The English, and This is Whitechapel, and Living Apart which covers a large period of apartheid.

Untitled by Lewis K. Bush, on Flickr

And one of Dimitri Kasterine who's a veteran portrait photographer who worked with Kubrick amongst others and has taken photos of more famous people than you've had hot dinners.

Dmitri Kasterine by Lewis K. Bush, on Flickr

Last edited:
Dave Lee Travis
IMG_3066.jpg

Robert Llewellyn and Edd China
0611-105304.jpg

Love that one of Rob Llewellyn.

Going back a couple of years, I wandered into a film set and got quite a few shots of Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson, re-shooting the ending of Last Chance Harvey. Later on I found myself in Leicester Square on the opening night, by sheer chance. Here are a couple of shots; you can see more here.

First time I've tried posting an image from my phone, hope it works!!

Me and three times motorcycle world champion Kenny Roberts Snr. My friend taking the photo couldn't get me all in because of the size difference lol

Twoofthegreatest.jpg

I seem to have run into celebrities quite a bit over the last 4 years that I've been doing photography. Here are three of them. If you want to see more (including Boris Johnson, Lauren Laverne, Louis Walsh, and quite a few of the cast of Eastenders), have a look here. I'll upload a nice one of Alexandra Burke as soon as I get around to processing it.

Bill Bailey

Diane-Louise Jordan

Billy Bragg

I happened to pass through Covent Garden in London on Saturday where an organisation called Battlefront were trying to beat the world record for the most organ donation sign-ups in one hour. Helping them out was the winner of the 2008 UK X-Factor competition, soul and R&B singer Alexandra Burke who sang her version of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah which itself was something of a record breaker, according to Wikipedia.

It was great to hear her sing, and great to get the opportunity for a photograph.

Simon Pegg star of Shaun of The Dead, Hot Fuzz, Run Fat Boy Run and the latest Star Trek movies at Butterfly World handling one of the Stick Insects which he later named it Ruth Buggs after Kristen Wiig's character in Paul :)
p657392028-5.jpg

Another one of him with the Atlas Moth
p610132599-5.jpg

Professor David Bellamy
p580131322-5.jpg

Jake Woods from Eastenders
p590815292-4.jpg

Here is one I like

Our Illustrious Leader looking like he is being taken away in a Prison Van :D

(Something a fair few think would be fair game!)

IMG_6440.jpg

Taken from this shoot,

Trying to get all 4 looking at the camera just never happened 3 out of 4 aint bad!

IMG_6390.jpg

Another Tuffers for you. A rather poor photograph taken on my ancient Powershot (the SLR wasn't at hand that day). We were lost in a bit of jungle near Plettenberg, South Africa, and it was Tuffers turn to try and find the way out. He is just saying (politely paraphrased from the original anglo-saxon) "Where are we?". Hint: if you ever go on holiday with Tuffers, take painkillers.

lost.jpg

Took this one of my mate Dave Singh with Rufus Hound at Hampton +Richmond Borough Football Club.:wave:

Dave_and_Rufus.jpg

Lewis Hamilton - Barcelona 2009
zzz.jpg

Michael Schumacher - Bahrain 2010
zz.jpg

On the 10th of October, Stephen Fry gave a talk at the Apple Store in Covent Garden about his latest TV series on language, Fry's Planet Word. It was next to impossible to get to the front where I could not only get a good photo but also actually hear what he was saying. I had to make do with standing on the sidelines aiming over other people's heads.

Not really got any that famous:

1. Dynamo, the magician (he has been on TV!)
wpid2539-Dynamo-Bingley-Music-Live-2011.jpg

2. Lead singer of The Coral
wpid2436-The-Coral-Bingley-Music-Live-2011.jpg

3. Wretch 32 - one for the young ones :p
wpid2306-Wretch-32-Bingley-Music-Live-2011.jpg

4. Bono? (no, it really isnt)
wpid749-Bingley-Music-Live-New-2-2.jpg

When I met Sunny Lowry.

Without googling, you get a free cookie if you can tell me who she was.

Some from shoots this year.

This first one includes several 'famous' people if cricket is your sport, and even if it's not you may have heard of the most famous fella here....taken at a charity dinner I was asked to photograph at my local cricket club & wedding venue.

p303370302-4.jpg

L to R: Gladstone Small, Muttiah 'Murali' Muralidaran, Rob Key, Ronnie Irani

This one was part of another Mayhew Charity event I was involved in, and includes TV Vet Marc Abraham and Actor Peter Egan

p908368922-4.jpg

;)

(Continuing the above cricket theme) Former West Indies Captain Richie Richardson playing in his reggae band "Big Bad Dread and the Baldhead" which also features ex fast bowler (very very fast) Curtly Ambrose. 2007 shot on my ancient Powershot at a beach party on Antigua (I don't take SLRs to beach parties!)

richie.jpg

Last edited:
Staying with Yvonne's cricket theme.

Gladstone Small (again)

DSC05601-Edit.jpg

Norman Cowans chilling

DSC05533-1-Edit.jpg

Devon Malcolm (always be careful where you decide to sit when you're near the photographer! :D)

DSC00045-Edit.jpg

John Emburey in full swing

DSC00375-Edit.jpg

Back