Famous people shots

Time to resurrect this thread again. The first one is a long-distance shot, taken with my 720mm superzoom compact, of TV comic and presenter Sandi Toksvig talking at the rally after the Women's March on Saturday; the lady on the left is a signer.
Women's March London - 17 by Garry Knight, on Flickr

This Instagram photo shows the front line of the Women's March. At the far left is Lindsey German of Stop the War, to her left is Kate Hudson of the CND, MP Harriet Harman is 5th from the left, and writer and author Bonnie Greer is out of sight behind the lady with the yellow lanyard.

Women's March London Arrives at Trafalgar Square
by Garry Knight, on Flickr

Last edited:
Moazzam Begg, who spent nearly three years in Bagram and Guantanamo Bay for no apparent reason. As Wikipedia says, he is now "a media commentator on issues pertaining to US, UK and international anti-terror measures." In this photo he's speaking at the March Against Racism rally in Parliament Square on Saturday 18th March 2017.

March Against Racism 2017 - 13

Peter Tatchell at today's anti Brexit march

10fvqbn.jpg

I don't think this guy is a real shepherd. :D

O7F_jyCc_Cn8hu4oj_8QPYNVVR4j9wl7a1jrnfMWkdJCbfz2RluzOswCX9ldSC-jchRmKEmp3xG7DrqFDe3Xprtc1DbFk29D3SY86ZztRNIAfQiL_CI1SIV6TB7QW4AdVcArnshQqYhiHzAs3UGdxsSI1AGB2HHobVo1_LoYaO_7bs5ix04PgLAKQlD97HyNrCVTjg6AvPI2mAxhm_YFmW4kpjTWulbKYRMWU57q5uGzZiJUPEnqjz_NniEFfiwtrDAFv1SHdcaQWY-ij35aY2-UcvAGmQSRodCpbdXjR46ZyIJAdldQ7UZGmWbXtLYMHRDMSHCCkdb6N71Q1Qs-k30tQmXcQHUfUoli7Xg5Op28644YB4dbR9TuAh0FLAq19M_GMy1ddOoGfuIQr0to3ciWSuGkNElC1jm-0RSbglA0-nJvIysRoQcw-9H6Oh8Ps6BVw2snYCOHMzRWdYP9gNTV86JN-N6ABGu53RQR11QYlmyHuHz-iNXMlEcHEDQatpfKd-Tmm3jXBWphk7FntBpqJOHDyfSnDY165QHJX2z6AYveJCf8cBd3-uD7N1g65E37SaRMXTs1EqHXn9tUUMkcTl6Dz1vS1B0dhAR3jM0=w900-h697-no

And he has someone carry his bag.

z7dMCxldlYTeQoUqVo8KRywL3ThYyrRj8eXW-4YSXSknVZ3783H3fVYXXaqko_u6trE0JZ-LRCFhcINeoo5bEzbr7cozavPGqWrMAscp8_MZg8j4FrPa3hQvFP1vit-soRGn0dF03jatQI7PCGRziEQPTlvcHFj-cink-BrfuXF584tdAdphypW-CLUGL72Ih_4dWG4ThZLpUpPSAxJir4tZFdHd9A6aUAbOwAGGEiJW8OgN4NGrcgl_EJq6bbPxKy_rJY-mbSVUhS_R9-8pNoqYra5uZt6xLsjodVPTUh1EYft6GT6sORnuSmBtRX4MYL3j7u24ls6P34I2TLPda2v_hn82K5SUOAAGzp6NzT_g6mB8ZnkU-3e_bZI__YGlJBtuZTULblG91xI1LkAwpkhcrYBTGpSSQF-ze-E7ssHNfYhncUgsvte01oO4XjxFv_yBUfniY9xz1wOKYh4ngw96FaJtUvAWtrYylfisoFLjwTZIIOpZBEcPYqSDg30mqOXqyCbNaZxJcgb1l54xpfXuR7a_Sf7CyeWcCW3Vac7TdLiUIV_YSYt3eAAYoAfHN2_Haxe8JyxBId-FSS-QOuxIYWAeufMX3_yf8MJXN3Y=w900-h579-no

I'm reluctant to post these snaps, taken on my Casio EXP600, from the point of view of clarity, or lack of it. It's an old camera now, but I can't get an SLR into gigs. I keep intending to replace it, but need a replacement to be cheap in case of damage, loss, or whatever as it's just a camera I keep in the car. Every year I see this band, every year I say I'll find something better by the time of the next tour.

Therapy? - wouldn't stand still long enough for the camera to keep up

webCIMG4426.jpg

Baz Warne of The Stranglers, probably a bit overexposed but they do keep shining the lights on his head

webCIMG4464.jpg

And a general band shot, The Stranglers at Liverpool O2 Academy last night. A stage so small that even the backdrop won't fit.

webCIMG4501.jpg

I'd love to try to get some proper shots at a gig like this, but I doubt I could get a press pass and, even if I did, I'd hate to have to leave after three songs.

AC

DSC_9649.jpg
Supervet
DSC_0283.jpg

Last edited:
Some Buzzcocks
1979_05_27_Buzzcocks_after_set_Loch_Lomomd_Rock_Fest.jpg

David Byrne
1979_09_01_Talking_Heads_David_Byrne_Edinb_Rock_Fest.jpg

Is infamous OK?
DSC_1327.jpg

Another gig at the end of the same tour, and this time the stage is big enough for the lights and backdrop. Most of it confused my camera, though, so only a handful of images survive and need a fair bit of despeckle and sharpen.

The Stranglers, Manchester Apollo

webCIMG4776.jpg

And stuck up there in the back all on his own, keyboard wiz Dave Greenfield.

webCIMG4665.jpg

I think the sharpening on the last image really shows. Once again I tell myself I'll get something better by the time of the next tour.

On the same subject, I was at the Millicent Fawcett statue unveiling at Parliament Square on Tuesday. Afterwards, as I was on my way off the Square, I saw a small huddle of people trying to shake Jeremy Corbyn's hand. Aha! I thought. Time for another stock shot. I forgot that a) I had my 55-210 lens on, and b) my camera was in burst mode. At that moment Jeremy took off straight towards some mad cameraman clicking furiously away at him, with the result as below. Anyway, nobody can claim he wasn't there! :D

Millicent Fawcett Statue 12 - Jeremy Corbyn

Back