fantastical

Name
Fiona
Edit My Images
Yes
well this time away we went up to Inverness,,, car loaded with Alan and myself and the Make up artist and the stylist..... to meet up with the Model/s....... yet another off the wall idea
as always some worked and some didint............
i will leave you to decide if you think these ones did .......

9296038682_ffe7a89067_z.jpg

9293260023_110c8e884d_z.jpg

9296038842_b8980ef6d2_z.jpg

9288375504_db228114c4_z.jpg

9288375648_da2017138e_z.jpg

No. 4 is a winner for me as well :)

Only comment would be, it always seems more normal/'natural' for girls to be riding side saddle in fictional/historical type poses? Just my opinion tho :)

Some nice shots there, great idea, shame the horse is a bit of a sad old plodder (I know, I know we shouldn't criticise the models but there you go).
A sleek racehorse type would have suited better I think.

Sorry if I offended you, Fiona, but it was in the f & c section and I gave my opinion, which is my humble opinion only.

I know little about horses, but just feel this horse doesn't quite work in this series. ;)

Sorry again.

Oops, double post

Last edited:
Terrible colors and lightning tbh, dont like her poses too. For me it just doesnt work at all

And your big watermark on each photo doesnt make any sense

Last edited:
I think with a new idea things can go one of three ways. 1. Everything thing works and the project is a resounding success. 2. It's a disaster and nothing goes right. 3. It goes O.K. and some parts are better than others.

For me, this shoot is category 3 :all the shots are good but some just seem to work better than others. As you say, the question is which ones? For me, the ones that work best of all are the first and last.

P.S. I am the last person anyone would call a "fashionista" (scruffy auld git would be nearer the mark) but are her shoes the right kind for this type of idea?

Last edited:
Sorry if I offended you, Fiona, but it was in the f & c section and I gave my opinion, which is my humble opinion only.

I know little about horses, but just feel this horse doesn't quite work in this series. ;)

Sorry again.

ah nooooo i wasnt offended was just giving some history abot the pony as i find it outstanding that she is still going strong, I totally get what you mean tho.. but as we often find ourselves, we have to work with what we have! :) no apoligies necessary

Terrible colors and lightning tbh, dont like her poses too. For me it just doesnt work at all

And your big watermark on each photo doesnt make any sense

ah well you can keep some happy some of the time but not all cheers for the comment. the reason for the watermark is cos i have recently had two images stolen that had smaller water marks removed and other peoples water marks placed over them. its a necessary evil i guess :(

I think with a new idea things can go one of three ways. 1. Everything thing works and the project is a resounding success. 2. It's a disaster and nothing goes right. 3. It goes O.K. and some parts are better than others.

For me, this shoot is category 3 :all the shots are good but some just seem to work better than others. As you say, the question is which ones? For me, the ones that work best of all are the first and last.

P.S. I am the last person anyone would call a "fashionista" (scruffy auld git would be nearer the mark) but are her shoes the right kind for this type of idea?

with hind site i should have her her bare foot........ but yeah it works for me

i have recently had two images stolen that had smaller water marks removed and other peoples water marks placed over them

That's dreadful! What did you do in response?

ah nooooo i wasnt offended was just giving some history abot the pony as i find it outstanding that she is still going strong, I totally get what you mean tho.. but as we often find ourselves, we have to work with what we have! :) no apoligies necessary

(y)

That's dreadful! What did you do in response?

chased her with every tool at my disposal it wasn't as bad as for another photographer, she had stolen this girls work re watermarked it as her own and sold it then bragged about it!!! thankfully the stolen images have been removed from all 4 of her face book pages as well as getty images and 500px, but it has now made me put a BIG watermark on everything which i hate doing but Im not gonna have it happen again if i can help it, but meanwhile the other photographer has or is taking it further, im sure getty images will as well as they dont stand for anything like that

Different people seem to have different opinions on watermarks but one thing is for sure : nobody wants to see this sort of thing happen.

Anyway, I have digressed somewhat from the original topic.

What will you do with the idea that led to this shoot? Will you try it again, developing the ideas that worked? I'd be interested to see the outcome.

Different people seem to have different opinions on watermarks but one thing is for sure : nobody wants to see this sort of thing happen.

Anyway, I have digressed somewhat from the original topic.

What will you do with the idea that led to this shoot? Will you try it again, developing the ideas that worked? I'd be interested to see the outcome.

we are going to do something similar but with a slightly different theme. will take on board all the comments and see how how things turn out..... the hardest part is setting it up as these where shot up in Inverness... so its an all day thing for everyone involved

Back