Fantasy Motorsport Photographer Challenge 2013

Name
Vlad
Edit My Images
Yes
(I know this might be in the wrong place Gary but can you leave it for a little while so people spot it)

Ages ago we did this:

http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=307798

It was a bit of a laugh, so lets have another go!

To restate the idea:

Imagine I'm your picture editor and you are on a job for me.

I want an image to go with my story about one or both of the following:

1) Andrew Jordan, Pirtek Racing , BTCC Knockhill 25th August.

and/or

2) Chris Walker, Quattro Plant Kawasaki, BSB Oulton Park 9-11th August

Two events, two different types of racing, two different weekends. Yes I know your evil editor likes to drop jobs on your at the last minute!

Post just one photo, your best photo of the subject in a setting that conveys what the race was about and shows either something clearly identifiable of the circuit or shows fans enjoying their hero. If the subject wins, perhaps show winning. If they crash and thats the story, show the crash or them looking sad or something - be inventive!

The picture needs to have a short caption because your picture editor doesn't know anything about motorsport.

So, not just any old photo, but those particular racers and something about the story. Remember the photo doesn't need to be the best technical photo in the world, it has to do the job of telling the story - so this is a level playing field for anyone who wants to play.

Edit - also remember that the photo doesn't have to be of the actual race itself, if the picture fits the race story its ok to use something from Friday/Saturday but obviously not if the weather is different, but you could go with the story of someone qualifying well, just make it clever (y)

As your evil picture editor, your photo for the story needs to be in this thread by 1000hrs BST on the morning after the race.

Accept your mission by stating that you are up for it, which race you are "covering" and your "job application" must be on the thread by mid day on the Friday before the event. Once entered you are "on the job".

I'll post a light-hearted review of your performance after each deadline has passed.

Remember its just for a laugh, just to give you a feel for what its like to do this for a job.

PS this time I've chosen two Northern events - if you enjoy this we'll do some ones darn sarf over the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Love the idea, il be happy to join in for any southern ones :)

I'll pick out some BTCC/BSB dates for you after we're done with this one, but probably Brands finale for both.

I wonder if MSV will accept "Talk Photography Forums" as a legitimate media outlet for accreditation purposes... :D

:thinking: (y)

I'll give the Knockhill one a go, if I can get confirmation I'll be able to attend the event :)

I'm going to wait for the southern options. Oulton is three hours away and Knockhill is even further.

Welcome to the revolution comrades :p

Ok, so we had no takers for Oulton BSB.... I am guessing nobody went at all... no threads on it here. I thought everyone raved about Oulton!

Knockhill BTCC anyone?

Only just spotted this thread..... like most of my stuff it's very late:LOL: Can I post this little shot of Mr Stalker in full PR mode for the MCE guests on Saturday night

BSB_Oulton_August_2013_pic_13.jpg

It must have been riveting judging by the expression on Mr Pedwell's face, the chap in the black shirt to the right of Chris, oh and a large apology from me to Chris for being rude & taking a phone call during his chat...it was pretty important.

Was on a stag weekend in Dublin for the Oulton round :beer: and Knockhill is a wee bit to far,do like the idea though (y) and must pay attention to more threads as I only just noticed this one...:shrug:
Clive.

Andrew Jordan pushing his Pirtek Racing Honda Civic to the limits, flying over the chicane on just one wheel to earn a well deserved victory in the 3rd BTCC race at Knockhill.

BTC32580.jpg

Sorry folks, your (t)rusty Editor has been on holiday and just like all editors, when he goes on holiday none of your submitted work gets published by his lakeys :-/

Gary, photo sort of fits, don't like the caption. We ran a press release photo instead but put your name on it.

John, nicely done, made the back page with that but we did crop it so only the car was in the frame and spelt your name "Jon Stewert", hope you don't mind.

:D

John, nicely done, made the back page with that but we did crop it so only the car was in the frame and spelt your name "Jon Stewert", hope you don't mind.

:D

Woo - never made the back page before!

Don't mind about the cropping and spelling, as long as the bank cashes the cheque OK :D

Oh, didn't I mention that? There's no money this week as we had to pay a photographer to cover the local village fete...

are you going to do the same idea for 2014 ?

BTCC Donington test goes well for Jordan apart from a small fire.
Marshals coped well and soon had it under control

Back