Wild Farlington birds. One unidentified.

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
From the backlog of February shots. These from a trip to Farlington Marshes. Weather a bit dull, but got some results.

Kestral balancing.
CQ9A5476.jpg

Spotted Redshank
CQ9A5663.jpg

Male Pintail - and friend. Not sure if it another pintail or what. Does anyone know ?
CQ9A5857.jpg

Hybrid female would be my guess but not sure what other duck is implicated.

TBH almost anything is possible with ducks!

Nice shots,Chris. My favourite s the Spotted Redshank,possibly as I haven't seen one yet. I'm a beggar for moderate,careful cropping but do you think a bit of cropping would enhance them especially that lovely shot of the kestrel..the redshank too.

Last edited:
Nice shots,Chris. My favourite s the Spotted Redshank,possibly as I haven't seen one yet. I'm a beggar for moderate,careful cropping but do you think a bit of cropping would enhance them especially that lovely shot of the kestrel..the redshank too.

Thanks, I did not crop them to show the environment. Maybe the Kestral could be cropped tight.

I like the redshank.

A name from the past - I last went to Farlington Marshes over 55 years ago when we used to visit an uncle who was a ranger there - I thought the marshes disappeared along with the airport but then I have not been back along that part of the country for so long.

Back