Fascination

Name
'Gramps'
Edit My Images
No
Having a few days up at RSPB Bempton Cliffs ('It ain't arf hot mum!') to photograph the beautiful Gannets and anything else that comes along.
I quite liked the expression of this Gannet as it watched a fly buzz across in front of it. :)

Fascination
by Roger, on Flickr

D500 + 500 f4 VR

Last edited:
Nice shot I off up there in a couple of weeks, is it better take something smaller than my 600 as well or will the 600 suffice?

Certainly different Roger but I like it!

Enjoy your stay up there and look forward to seeing more :)
Cheers Wez, been out with Phil this evening and eventually spotted his Barn Owl, unfortunately as the light was disappearing.

Nice shot I off up there in a couple of weeks, is it better take something smaller than my 600 as well or will the 600 suffice?
600 on FF should be fine for most things, there didn't seem to be so many Gannets close up on the top banks but maybe it's too early yet.

Nice one!
I wonder what the gannet was thinking.

Nicely seen Roger. Will be there myself from the 3 June for a few days.
Thanks Peter, been very hot the last couple of days, the offshore breeze has been most welcome :)

fabulous

Brilliant roger or should I say fascinating ;)Wonder what the odds are for a shot like that....:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Disappointing,the fly is out of focus!

Nice capture, TFS

Fab shot Roger, just terrific :)

They are beautiful birds but their beaks are deadly - I caught one once when fishing (cast out and it dived and took the bait) ... put a bigger fight up on dry land!!! Happy to say it was released relatively unharmed (more than can be said of me though ;)).

Last edited:
great shot especially with the fly.
Thanks Holty :)

Fab shot Roger, just terrific :)

They are beautiful birds but their beaks are deadly - I caught one once when fishing (cast out and it dived and took the bait) ... put a bigger fight up on dry land!!! Happy to say it was released relatively unharmed (more than can be said of me though ;)).
I can imagine how deadly the beak would be, I had a Tern draw blood from my hand on the Farne Islands!
I did notice one Gannet with some light nylon, I assume fishing line, trailing from its rear end whilst I was there last night!

View attachment 103001

Back