Fassfern by Loch Eil.

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Some local shots from the weekend. Moved here several months ago to complete my house build, never looked back since.

woods.JPG

And a cropped to pano version which I quite like.

woods-2.JPG

woods-4.JPG

Same scene but shot a bit longer.

woods-5.JPG

A young larch showing great colour, to be honest the colour this year has been superb.

woods-3.JPG

Nipped home for a quick bit to eat then down to the shore for a wander about. This tall fir always catches my attention on the far bank as it looms large over all the other trees.

woods-6.JPG

No reason other than it reminded me of Pink Floyd's Obscured By Clouds album cover.

obscured by clouds.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Some nice light going on in that first shot.

Beautifully processed images, Scott.

BTW, I spent a month at Outward Bound Loch Eil many years ago.
Happy Days
Loch Eil OB is just down the road. Think the virus regulations have hit them quite badly, never see any activity there now. Hope they get through it. I used to knock about with a lad who's father was the manager, Terry Small. You may know him.

Beautifully processed images, Scott.

BTW, I spent a month at Outward Bound Loch Eil many years ago.
Happy Days

Likewise, I was there in 1968(ish) and what I remember most, was them insisting that all the lodge widows were open whatever the weather in April in that part of the world isn't funny!

I also spent 20 minutes in the water of Loch Eil when my canoe capsized and the tide was going out and no one noticed! Fortunately I was carried along into a shallow stretch and was able to get out. Choice words (including a few expletives) were said to the directing staff when I got back to the lodge!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cracking set and nice to have this right on your doorstep. Like the use of colour as always mate.

Back