Fast tagging (race bib numbers)

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Given facial recognition tech that's built into everything now I was hoping to find a reasonably priced bit of software that would pick out numbers (on bibs at running events) and tag them. Seems not though, most systems are reliant on sending images off and I would guess some very cheap labour is doing it manually.

So, going back to the drawing board, what is the most efficient way of manually tagging or renaming 1000 or so photos at speed? Ideally I want to be keying in a number and then just hitting one key to go to the next image, keying in the number etc etc.

In Lightroom (for Windows): Ctrl+K, type keyword, Enter, Right Arrow. Is that fast enough?

If you have up to 9 commonly used keywords you can create shortcuts for them, accessible by Alt+1 to Alt+9. Your sequence is then Alt+1 [or Alt+2, etc), Right Arrow. But I don't think that will really be suitable for what you're trying to do.

Given facial recognition tech that's built into everything now I was hoping to find a reasonably priced bit of software that would pick out numbers (on bibs at running events) and tag them. Seems not though, most systems are reliant on sending images off and I would guess some very cheap labour is doing it manually.

So, going back to the drawing board, what is the most efficient way of manually tagging or renaming 1000 or so photos at speed? Ideally I want to be keying in a number and then just hitting one key to go to the next image, keying in the number etc etc.

there are a few systems out there but none are 100%, generally work on some 2D barcode system

Mike

Back