Fathers day Presents

Now we're cookin'! They're charming!

Perhaps still a smidge under-exposed in some cases, and your white balance seems a little inconsistent, but loads better :)

One thought - is she self conscious about her teeth? Smiling with the lips firmly clamped shut often looks a little forced to my eyes; better to let the mouth open regardless of what's within (with the possible exception of Shane McGowan).

She does not like to be directed :) so I have to take what I can get, she will be 13 in Aug kids !

In LR as a NEF file they look fine when I save as a Jpg they drop down a bit ???

Last edited:
Nice lighting on the last two. Looking on flickr you are using f2.8 in the first one and f4 in the second one. Try and use f5.6 or higher to get both eyes sharp. You will have to adjust the flash as you increase the aperture.

Not expert enough to make comment really, but they did look underexposed a tad.

FWIW my son took me to see Jurassic Park in the new 4DX cinema at Milton Keynes in the morning and my daughter treated me to seeing Mr Holmes later in the day. Love 'em both! Offspring that is...

Lots to learn, as the last photo is only my second attempt a flash photography :), I did as suggested & moved the light as close as I could and yes it's a pain in the bum trying to work around it :) .

I will keep playing at it & take on board what others suggest (y)

Back