Fathers4Justice

Edit My Images
No
Fathers4Justice held a demo at Newcastle to coincide with the Labour Party conference. Here's some pics. Comments and critique appreciated.

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4625.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4672.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

All taken with EOS10D/EF100-400IS L

scary looking bunch! how far away were you with that lens then?

EosD said:
scary looking bunch! how far away were you with that lens then?

In most cases only about 15-20 feet, but some of them were taken with the lens right out. They are indeed scary but as President Blair & co were on the other side of the river, they were outnumbered 10 to 1 by even more scary looking police, commanded by a real nutter who I occasionally have a beer with.

i like the first, the police frame it well,

the guy in 2 looks very miserable, nicely caught shot that., 3 is good, mr incredible looking like hes paying attention, dont like 4, rubbish costume, lol, 5 is a good journolistic shot, well timed again i think and the last shot gives the impression of a very domineering policeman!

Im sorry i cant offer an in-depth critique, im just not very good at that!

These are good pictures that document the event to an extent but they don’t show how close the two sides where, what size of demonstration was taking place, weather it was peaceful or not? Can you see what I am trying to say? Even the shot of “MR I” and the policeman face to face doesn’t tell me if they are being confrontational or just talking about what is and is not allowed? The photography is great but the story telling aspect needs to be more rounded or to be backed up with an article as you would find in a newspaper.

Hope that helps Adrian?

Steve said:
These are good pictures that document the event to an extent but they don’t show how close the two sides where, what size of demonstration was taking place, weather it was peaceful or not? Can you see what I am trying to say? Even the shot of “MR I” and the policeman face to face doesn’t tell me if they are being confrontational or just talking about what is and is not allowed? The photography is great but the story telling aspect needs to be more rounded or to be backed up with an article as you would find in a newspaper.

Hope that helps Adrian?

I see exactly what you're saying. Due to the nature of the demo I think it would very much need to be backed up with words as it wasn't so much a situation where there were sides or a clear confrontation, rather a fairly disorganised congregation by about 20 people. The policeman was actually suggesting the best place for them to get a drink when they'd finished!

Back