Favicon

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
The forum needs a favicon, how about a little comp to see who can come up with a decent one? like this....

favicon.ico

a what?? what you talking about Willis??

ahhh..you learn something new everyday!!

I have a question now, if we had one, how would we make it appear in the address bar?

Thats a cool, thanks for the idea Steep and Ian for the link. :thumb:

Ok I am sold, lets see what you can come up with for this site and the ebst one wins and will be used.

No time limit but lets see what people can come up with :banana:

Steve said:
Thats a cool, thanks for the idea Steep and Ian for the link. :thumb:

Ok I am sold, lets see what you can come up with for this site and the ebst one wins and will be used.

No time limit but lets see what people can come up with :banana:

can we have a better responce than we got for the front of site images though? :D

great idea chaps!

EosD said:
can we have a better responce than we got for the front of site images though? :D

great idea chaps!

ohhh get her :D

The claws are out now :nono:

Steve said:
ohhh get her :D

The claws are out now :nono:

damn right, i found the ban button now too!:naughty:

Ignore the ban button (thats mine ;) ) shouldn't you be working? :D

Steve said:
Ignore the ban button (thats mine ;) ) shouldn't you be working? :D

working?? is that what im supposed to be doing:icon_eek:

That happens with my Firefox sometimes. Delete and re-add it and all should be well...

we got a version we are gonna install, if anyone wants to put one forward for using then please do, we are open to offers!

ps, you like the new main forum icons?

answers on a postcard as to why its not working!

KenCo1964 said:
Sorry, i don't. a bit to much i think.
Just my opinion.

gah!

we will see how they look when edited in properly!:beer:

EosD said:
we got a version we are gonna install, if anyone wants to put one forward for using then please do, we are open to offers!

ps, you like the new main forum icons?

Like the favicon !

Not so sure about the camera icons ! is REALLY difficult to spot unread messages if you go by them ! :nono:

IanC_UK said:
Like the favicon !

Not so sure about the camera icons ! is REALLY difficult to spot unread messages if you go by them ! :nono:
That's the icons i was on about, The camera ones. Bit much and yes hard to tell new posts.

just uploaded a newer version that flashes more often

i cant see the favicon?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

EosD said:

Hmmm yeah, will see how i get on with the flashing cameras !

Favicon doesnt seem to appear on ie only in firefox ! whats the file called ? and if its not favicon.ico have you put the code in the page ? all i can think of sorry mate !

no i got it named and in the right place.....im just crap at this technical doodad

EosD said:

Don't think my brain can take all the flashing. :whistling
Lost my smily face aswell and when i press the more, I don't, get anymore that is.

KenCo1964 said:
Don't think my brain can take all the flashing. :whistling
Lost my smily face aswell and when i press the more, I don't, get anymore that is.

The smileys are an ongoing problem, thats pretty low down the list i would imagine ! I can see some, but not all, and more does nothing for me either ! no great loss at the moment ! ;)

Favicon works fine here, using opera, looks good too :)

no idea whats happening with the smilies link, we posted on support forums, but not getting much at the moment.

Favicom? pass....

so your not keen on the flashing lights then

EosD said:
so your not keen on the flashing lights then
Nor the cameras, but i'm begining to get used to it. :beer: So much change in such a short period of time is not very good for someone of my age. You's youngens, never happy! not like the good ole days. :yawn:

The favicon works in IE if you re-add the page to your favourites. Roll on IE7 :D

The flavicon looks fine for me, and the cameras are flashing and working.

I am not sure that the cameras fit in well though, they are a little dark against the rest of the forum design.

Maybe they would be better with a blue rinse ??? :)

Yes i have the icon in favorites but some of my cameras flash when no new posts.
Blue rinse now you're talking :naughty:

KenCo1964 said:
Yes i have the icon in favorites but some of my cameras flash when no new posts.
Blue rinse now you're talking :naughty:

Thats due to the way you surf and use the forums and the way that they are designed to work. if you navigate out of this thread using the forum jump at the very bottom of the thread instead of clicking at the top, it will make the cameras work correctly.

Incidentally, I have had to change the way i suft the forums as it was still the same with the old blue/red icons where the cameras now are. They would stay red if you didn't exit through the bottom :whistling :nut:
:)

Steve said:
Thats due to the way you surf and use the forums and the way that they are designed to work. if you navigate out of this thread using the forum jump at the very bottom of the thread instead of clicking at the top, it will make the cameras work correctly.

Incidentally, I have had to change the way i suft the forums as it was still the same with the old blue/red icons where the cameras now are. They would stay red if you didn't exit through the bottom :whistling :nut:
:)
Still flash even using the jump at bottom.

You would think that they could have got it right in the first place though :(

KenCo1964 said:
Still flash even using the jump at bottom.

Not for me :D

Sorry Ken, I cant offer any help other than to try what Ian has said (if you can understand it :whistling ) :nut:

Back