Feathers - Various.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
What miserable bank holiday weather, although It did brighten up a bit later.

These are all 800 ISO and 700mm.

2467135075_27350e58fc_o.jpg

2467960930_7ab2672ff1_o.jpg

2467135591_1a3d6e72aa_o.jpg

Impressive as ever.....(y)

Do you never take a duff birdie shot? :D

These are well up to standard, very nice indeed!

Great set CT :clap Were they all taken with the 40d

Great set as always CT :clap:
#2 just has the edge for me (y)

Scoff's rain cover works a treat btw! (y)

these are why I don't do birds ;)

Jealousy is terrible thing :shake:.
I suspect my lens will go all droopy next time I look at a bird through the viewfinder :(
No, joking aside, fantastic shots. Both the tits (no, don't giggle!) are very nice but what is the little brown job?

Tara

Tis your Dunnock or Hedge Sparrow Tara. :)

Wonderful Cedric. I've just been round to visit my mother, who lives on the edge of a woods, and spent an hour just watching the various birds come and go in her garden. That whole hour I kept thinking "I must come here with my camera and tripod one day soon".........Then you go and post these :bonk: :p What a fantastic set. I especially love the blue tit (y)

LOL Get over there with your camera! :D

I've no room to talk mind you, my brother lives on the edge of Cannock Chase and his back garden leads onto thick fir plantation. He gets all sorts of regular visitors including Gold Crests, and he's pretty sure Firecrests too, but I never take my camera when I visit. :shrug:

Great shots as usual CT, one of the reasons I went with the 40D - Quick question as I know you use noise ninja (dont want to go off topic but it really is a small Q)

When "noise brushinging" over the areas you dont want to affect, is there a way to zoom out further, as shown in the pic below to be able to brush a bigger area without scrolling?

noise.jpg

Sorry Mike you're confusing me with someone else - I don't use Noise Ninja.

I've run no NR on the above images, but when I do, I use a Paint Shop Pro filter called Edge Preserving Smooth. I never use it on the whole image, usually just on the bg which I select with the magic wand.

The idea of brushing NR on selected areas sounds pretty cool though, I must admit.

O, well I'm sorry for invading your thread, thanks for the answer though, thought I'd seen you mention using NN somewhere :)

Just incase anyone had a similar Q,

How do I use the Noise Brush over a large area?

If you want to run noise reduction on just one area of the image (i.e., the sky). First, make a selection in Photoshop of just the sky and then start the Noise Ninja Plug-in. Noise Ninja will recognize the selection you made in Photoshop and removes the noise only in that section.

Right, thread hijack over :)

Last edited:
Great birds Ced, where did you take them? Were they out and about or from your back garden kind of thing?

Bit of both actually, Ian, - No1 was the local park, 2 and 3 were from the back garden.

:iagree: That is my favourite too. Wish I had trees like that in my garden! :)

LOL. I have done that, although I don't have any shots to show for it, except a Moon shot I think.

LOL. I have done that, although I don't have any shots to show for it, except a Moon shot I think.

Get back on it, I bet you can nail a few in good light. What would the reach be?

Both converters...

OY8N9026-01.jpg

And a 1:1 crop from the same shot....

OY8N9026-01-full_frame.jpg

Get back on it, I bet you can nail a few in good light. What would the reach be?

Well it's not the best image quality tbh and manual focus isn't the best for birds anyway, but it would be 1400mm. :D

luverly set of feathers CT

Back