Feedback please

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All. Took these shots this morning in sunny West Dorset. As a novice, I would be very grateful for any feedback that I can get. Thanks

Hi David and welcome to TP

some advice on getting more replies to your posts if that's ok.

Firstly this is what I saw when I clicked into your message:

Most people, me included, generally don't click on links and go through to view the pictures in full size. (some do, not all) So we just click back out and carry on to the next one. (rather than doing that this time Ive stopped to explain why ;) )

Secondly, you are more likely to get a response with critique if you only put one picture up not several. Again not hard and fast rule but a good idea.

So, I would suggest, picking what you think is your best shot from the 5 you chose. To avoid the thumbnail view, upload the picture to your default photo album on TalkPhotography (we all have one when we join), then share it from there in your created message and it will then show full size from the off as it were. If you're not sure how to do this feel free to ask and I or someone will happily tell you.

Also for the dog shots, I would be tempted to put them in the "pets" photography area for more chance of a "hit" as it were and a reply or two.

Hope this helps!

Keep snapping.

EDIT: could have sworn there was a pets photo area but looking round cant see one. So instead maybe use Photos : Zoos, Domesticated, Captive and Plants

Last edited:
OK. Here's some feedback.

The first is a good action shot that could quite easily be framed.
The second would be better served had you taken a much lower viewpoint. (Try lying down and shooting upwards. That would produce a stunning image).
The third: Next time you are out, try setting the scene - position the camera at a low viewpoint, pre-focused and with a fast shutter speed, get the dog to run and jump the log and do a burst of shots. At least one of those will be a winner.

I can't really comment on the last two other than the focusing and exposure as all they are are library shots, really.

To summarise: If you want some dynamic shots of, presumably, your dog, think outside the box. Never, ever, dismiss the low viewpoint out of hand. If it's wet, make provisions for that. Look for different angles, interesting lead-in lines - anything to raise your photographs from the snapshots you've posted to a stunning image.

Back