Feeding the addiction

Love that little orange and black beastie, what is he?

So spill the beans, what lens have you ordered?

**Standing by for lens test shots**

A very nice set tim

Thank you very much Kevin, gradually finding my way.

Love that little orange and black beastie, what is he?

So spill the beans, what lens have you ordered?

**Standing by for lens test shots**

It's a Harlequin bug, it's been on the lavender for a couple of days on and off, would have preferred the sunlight to have been less harsh, have to shoot these creatures when they appear or the opportunity is gone.

Being a Canon user and also having to weigh up the overall usefulness of buying another lens I've opted for the 100mm f/2.8 L macro, because it's also a pretty handy portrait lens to have in the bag.

I'll get some tubes for it as I go along the learning curve. Yep, test shots if it isn't raining when it arrives.

Thank you Paul.

Regards

Tim

Not so sure about #2, but I think the others have come out well.

Nice lens on its way (perhaps arrived by now).

:) #2 Yea, not the best shot in the world, I just found the content mildly appealing. Lens arrived about an hour after the sky turned dark and the constant rain had established itself.

As you might imagine, I was chomping to get hands on with the shiny new glass, as I only had an hour to spare for a bit of creature hunting. Pointed the camera around with the ISO @400 and realised that with the aperture closed down a bit I'd need a shutter speed more akin to shooting video.

Wasn't greatly amused, the rain I can cope with, no light a little trickier, gave it a fistful of ISO and though well I might as well shoot a couple of shots to see that the lens does what it's supposed to. It works, it focuses and now I'll have to see if I can get a crafty hour in tomorrow.

My good buddy or his/her twin, the Harlequin was lurking on the lavender having a bit of a soak, and I found one solitary fly that didn't occupy a void which sucked in more light than it projected.

Anyways, the lens seems great, even used in dire conditions.

Thank you very much for looking and replying Nick, appreciated.

Regards

Tim

View attachment 108634

Fly Rain A.jpg

:) #2 Yea, not the best shot in the world, I just found the content mildly appealing. Lens arrived about an hour after the sky turned dark and the constant rain had established itself.

:(

As you might imagine, I was chomping to get hands on with the shiny new glass, as I only had an hour to spare for a bit of creature hunting. Pointed the camera around with the ISO @400 and realised that with the aperture closed down a bit I'd need a shutter speed more akin to shooting video.

Wasn't greatly amused, the rain I can cope with, no light a little trickier, gave it a fistful of ISO and though well I might as well shoot a couple of shots to see that the lens does what it's supposed to. It works, it focuses and now I'll have to see if I can get a crafty hour in tomorrow.

My good buddy or his/her twin, the Harlequin was lurking on the lavender having a bit of a soak, and I found one solitary fly that didn't occupy a void which sucked in more light than it projected.

Anyways, the lens seems great, even used in dire conditions.

It's looking good. ISO 6400 looks pretty good too.

6400!! Lucky sod. If I use 640 I'll have more noise than that!

Enjoying the new lens? What lens were you using before?

6400!! Lucky sod. If I use 640 I'll have more noise than that!

Enjoying the new lens? What lens were you using before?

Yes, the new lens is quite impressive for all kinds of subjects, nice bokeh for when I shoot the humans and should be a step forward over what I have been using.

I was using a 24-70mm f/4 which has a, if needs must macro facility. I then borrowed a 60mm f/2.8 EFS lens from a friend a few days ago and have been using that on one of my crop bodies.

To be fair the 60mm is a decent piece of glass, but obviously I can't use it on my full frame bodies.

In actuality all the lenses I've been using are better than I, so probably not going to make massive inroads, more a case of working at it a being inspired by the work of others here who have been doing it better for longer.

Many thanks for taking a look and replying.

Kind regards

Tim

Back