Critique Feeling Watched

Edit My Images
Yes
Walking around the village, hand held, shallow dof, focused on the eyes. I held as still as possible even though the leaf was being blown about a bit. Even when I use a tripod... how do you get the leaves to not blow in the breeze?

how do you get the leaves to not blow in the breeze?

When on a tripod, you got a hand free to use whatever
— a twig maybe — and support it from under. :cool:

Nice shot really! Must have been hard to get that perfect focus indeed if the leaves where blowing!

The only real solution for this is to use flash which will freeze the subject and then its a matter of timing and holding steady and waiting for the subject to move into focus.

I have held a leaf with my left hand while shooting with my right so I could get a good angle

Here is an example of a shot taken on a windy day where the subject was mving so much that it was dissapearing completely from the viewfinder. Its not great but is OK. My processing has improved since then too.

Yellow-dung-fly-with-prey by Alf Branch, on Flickr

Thank you alfbranch I would not ever have thought of that. That shot, btw, is striking, they obviously are keeping each other sheltered on such a windy day [emoji6]

Thank you alfbranch I would not ever have thought of that. That shot, btw, is striking, they obviously are keeping each other sheltered on such a windy day [emoji6]
Insects do not offer free hugs they have consequences.

Back