Felixstowe, Sea Defences, LE

You got the tide in its right level! Well done! :)
No luck for me the last time I visited this place.

Great captures Neil, Love the first.
Am I right in saying the second is the same place as the first but at low tide ?.
Can you share the times taken on both please as I have wanted to travel here for some time, but want to make sure I get my timing correct for low tide which I think might be around 7.30am
Thanks.

Great captures Neil, Love the first.
Am I right in saying the second is the same place as the first but at low tide ?.
Can you share the times taken on both please as I have wanted to travel here for some time, but want to make sure I get my timing correct for low tide which I think might be around 7.30am
Thanks.

Hi Tony,

Image 1 approx 1150am, image 2 1230. Both taken last Friday, 1st of May.

I'm voting for no 2. I like the movement of the water in the centre of the frame. I'm only viewing on a tablet but being picky it seems that in no 1 the depth of field is a bit short. The upright post in the distance appears a little blurry. They're both great shots though and we'll seen.

I'm voting for no 2. I like the movement of the water in the centre of the frame. I'm only viewing on a tablet but being picky it seems that in no 1 the depth of field is a bit short. The upright post in the distance appears a little blurry. They're both great shots though and we'll seen.

I think you need to be picky with your tablet!! Nowt wrong with the DOF! ;)

Love number two, at a quick look it could be a tall mountain pass or similar which makes you look closer and draws you into the image.

I really like No1
I love No2 for the perspective and detail.

First photograph won landscape tog of the year a few years back!

Those are both lovely images, hard to choose between them but I do like the second one slightly more.

For people asking about tide times, remember they change daily! Use this site to get up to date information for anywhere in the UK.

Good stuff Neil, the mono conversion is excellent on the first one, good range of tones and contrast

Thanks Justin - I'll be honest - I thought the processing lacked contrast (struggle with mono's) but i'll take your word for it!!

Last edited:
Back