Female Marsh Harrier

Name
Wez
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
never seen one a lovely moment to see

Good set of record shots Wez (y)

Harriers are a lovely bird to see and watch. I visit a few places where Marsh Harriers are present, they never seem to fly close but I always seem to end up stood next to a birder who says 'you should've been here yesterday, they were flying right in front of us' o_O:banghead::D

Great to get the chance to photograph it Wez, always difficult to get close and they so frequently blend into the background. :)

Good attempt. I saw some on Friday, but they were too far away. I did fire off a few shots, but they went straight in the bin.

Glad ya posted 'em mate, i know they are long distance crops,but still cool to see.(y)

How far was she mate? We have seen just one once,I'd love to get a chance at first properly watching and then of course the piccies Looks like the light was nice Wez...... sun through thin cloud??

cheers for sharing mate

Stu

Glad ya posted 'em mate, i know they are long distance crops,but still cool to see.(y)

How far was she mate? We have seen just one once,I'd love to get a chance at first properly watching and then of course the piccies Looks like the light was nice Wez...... sun through thin cloud??

cheers for sharing mate

Stu

Thanks, Stu (y)

Yup, very sunny through thin cloud. Got quite hazy in the end (beach was about 20ft behind me).

She must've been a long way off, as all the EXIF data says 149.62 metres. She was quite a way, which is why I've tried to make pics out of them and not close ups :)

oh aye you've done that bro 3 and 6 really appeal,the houses in the portrait are a pain mate,ya know how it is " One only wants natural stuff as far as poss in pix:) drystone walls allowed,lmao;)"

But here's the thing buddy for some reason the shot with the dozer in floats my boat:D Wez I don't really know why it appeals mate,this is genuine not sarcasm . I think maybe it's the irony of that great yellow man made digger against that incredible bird and possibly further as the machine may be actually helping to manage the very habitat that bird needs so much ,

Your portrayal of the light is lovely mate !!

seeya
stu

You did well, Wez. It's good to know that this bird is now on the amber list and recovering well. My wife has a friend over in Great or Little Walsingham, Norfolk and told me yesterday that we'd be visiting there so I googled it.There are a lot of these at Sculthorpe Moor Reserve (Hawk &Owl Trust) which is just a few miles away.

Back