Festival of Speed - Rally Stage

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
No
Very very good set- dramatic & dynamic scenes, masterly technique and elegantly recorded. :clap:

Last edited:
Faultless set for me.....the crowds at FOS do my head in, but watching the TV this year the other half says, we should go next year....
and your shots convince me !

Good work fella !

Really like the set Mark, some classic really cars

Cracking shots. Seeing the GT4 and Integrale in person would be worth it alone.

I love the coolness of the rally stage so much better than baking in the sun! Lovely shots

Very very good set- dramatic & dynamic scenes, masterly technique and elegantly recorded. :clap:
Thank you!

Faultless set for me.....the crowds at FOS do my head in, but watching the TV this year the other half says, we should go next year....
and your shots convince me !
It can get a bit congested around the main paddock at times but it's not too bad. The Rally stage is actually pretty quiet because it's a bit of a climb to get there. I camp with my mate every other year. There's something special about camping at FoS, it's not often you see a new Bently or a Ferrari 308 GTB parked up next to a 2 man tent.

Cracking shots. Seeing the GT4 and Integrale in person would be worth it alone.
Thanks, yes the GT-Four is a bit of a draw for me. It was this shot 4 years ago that really gave me the bug for motorsport photography, if only I had more time for it.

Toyota Celica GT Four ST205 FoS 2014 v2
by Mark Dolphin, on Flickr

Agreed! You killed it mate... really good to see [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106] #1 is sublime... poster worthy!!
Thanks! I'm never quite sure how a shot will turn out until I've got home and processed it but that one stood out as soon as I checked the rear screen. If that was the only shot I'd come away with from the whole 3 days I would still have been happy. :)

Great action shots worthy of a magazine/hung on a wall.
Thank you!

How are you finding the 100-400 2 ? Cracking shots and light.
It is awesome, notice a huge difference to my old Tamron 70-300VC (which I used to be very happy with). A little long for Goodwood generally but in my experience Goodwood is quite unique as far as motorsport photography goes.

I did the 3 days too, but my pics were awfull :(. Was such a hot weeked i couldnt get comfortable.
There are some lovely shots there.
Done this event for the last 2 or 3 years ,already arranging next years tickets.

As everyone else has said one is absolutely poster worthy.
Been going for 5 years and still never shot the rally stage properly, too much too see at the bottom of the hill is my excuse for not walking up that steep hill ;)

Back