Few B&W Edited with new Surface Pro 3

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
No
Got a new work machine today and tried out editing in Lightroom using it and the stylus pen. It is really intuitive to use a pen and I am quite taken with the processing power and quality of the display (once calibrated) :)

Let me know if any of these look too hot or anything?

I probably should have cleaned her face, but these were just a few quick ones to test with...

D41_1758-2

D41_1762

D41_1766

D41_1802

Oh Graham... I don't know what to say. You've left me speechless! Except for number 4... OMGosh.. totally awesome dude. She is beautiful!
Edit: fabulouso job on the photography too! (forgot to mention) ;)

Last edited:
I soooooooooooo want to get a graphics tab, but being left handed (holding a pencil) but right handed using a mouse, it's near on impossible for me to get the hang of it...

Oh Graham... I don't know what to say. You've left me speechless! Except for number 4... OMGosh.. totally awesome dude. She is beautiful!
Edit: fabulouso job on the photography too! (forgot to mention) ;)

Lol, thanks Bethy. Is #4 good, or bad...?

I have NEVER got on with a graphics tablet - I could never link my eyes to my hand without looking at the tablet, which kind of defeats the purpose! This, on the other hand, is pretty amazing! Using the pen on the screen... massive difference! You should try one out, you may be surprised ;)

I soooooooooooo want to get a graphics tab, but being left handed (holding a pencil) but right handed using a mouse, it's near on impossible for me to get the hang of it...
I'm the same as you, but I picked up a graphics tablet almost instantly, it's so intuitive for me at least. My reason for a graphics tablet was that because I was using a mouse at work all day in my old job, then again in the evening at home, I was getting symptoms of RSI. One finger at a time on my right hand would go stone cold, as if there was no circulation, although it was still a healthy colour! Graphics tablet for home soon fixed it because I was mixing things up a bit!

On a more topical note, fantastic images Graham! I'd be tempted to boost the highlights a bit on no1 if it was my own, but they're looking good otherwise :)

Lol, thanks Bethy. Is #4 good, or bad...?

I have NEVER got on with a graphics tablet - I could never link my eyes to my hand without looking at the tablet, which kind of defeats the purpose! This, on the other hand, is pretty amazing! Using the pen on the screen... massive difference! You should try one out, you may be surprised ;)
Number four is amazing! ;)

Got a new work machine today and tried out editing in Lightroom using it and the stylus pen. It is really intuitive to use a pen and I am quite taken with the processing power and quality of the display (once calibrated) :)

Let me know if any of these look too hot or anything?

Looks fine here on a hardware calibrated Eizo GC303W.

Thanks for the comments everyone :) Glad to read that it's looking ok so far. Next job is a colour one!

.. but they're all fabulous.

I hid my mouse when I got a tablet and it took me two weeks of daily use to get to grips with it. I wouldn't go back. I'm yet to master making good use of the pressure sensitivity - presumably the Surface has no such feature?

I believe it has pressure sensitivity - I can't check myself right now as it is being used for its intended work purpose (i.e. it's not in my hands right now) but this link suggests it does - http://pocketnow.com/2013/05/13/surface-pro-digital-artists-dream

The lighting, expression and features on No4 do raise the bar above the other three; that said, the first 3 are extremely good too.

Lovely shots and like most have said, no 4 steals it for the simple BG.

I upgraded my bamboo to an intuos a few weeks ago and although i thought the cost was high must say it's awesome. Love the way you can assign the buttons to all your favourite PS actions plus alter brush size and hardness so easily. Checkout the tutorials if you've not seen one and be prepared to buy one [emoji3]

Back