Few macros from today

Name
Andy Jones
Edit My Images
Yes
Nice day for shooting natural light macros, bright but not harsh so I took the Sigma 150 for a tour of the garden :)

Couple of bees:
web_8159.jpg

web_8194.jpg

Hoverfly:
web_8185.jpg

Ladybirds hatching:
web_8197.jpg

web_8203.jpg

#3 and #4 are awesome! On another forum I used to go on, a pic very similar to #3 got chosen as picture of the week.

Very nice :D

1,3 5for me, love the detail, ladybird is missing some spots

Thanks folks,

Matty:
They hatch spotless and as they dry out the spots appear and they turn red. I was out in the garden a few mins back and the two above are now red and sporting their spots :)

Stunning shots :clap: Can I ask - did you take these hand held or on a tripod / monopod and did you use any sort of flash or were these all with natural light?

The macro maestro strikes again, excellent as always.

Some seriously nice shots there.(y) Makes me wish the weekend would come sooner so I can get out and start swinging my 150mm Sigma around. I took it out briefly last night after work, but it was far too dark and overcast. I was having to use ISO 800-3200 on f2.8 and still only getting 30-100th:( Looked at at the pics I took, then just scrapped them all.

Stunning shots :clap: Can I ask - did you take these hand held or on a tripod / monopod and did you use any sort of flash or were these all with natural light?

Cheers,

most were on a mono but a couple I went hand held with the mono just hanging. No flash - I'm a die hard natural light shooter ;)

Thanks for that ;) I'm really trying to improve my macro work so any words of wisdom from the master are most helpful :notworthy: :)

#3 for me as well, great shot :)

You make the natural light shots seem so easy!!

:clap:

Back