Few more wasp shots (set up photo)

Great shots, but that looks like about a million quids worth of gear there ?

Very nice photo, how many shots? Also how did you move it and was it easy to move it back afterwards without harming it? I would guess that this is a queen.

Thanks, about 30/40 frames then stacked I moved him using a fine paint brush to walk onto and because its very cold in my garage he didnt run around to much.

Now thats what you call dedication :) thanks for the backdrop shot.

Great shots, but that looks like about a million quids worth of gear there ?
This! That set up looks insane.

Really fantastic images, must try doing some stacks like this myself. Did the wasp not fly around at all then? I'd be pretty nervous.
My girlfriend's horse box has a couple in the back hidden in rugs. I can't tell if they're dead or hibernating!

This! That set up looks insane.

Really fantastic images, must try doing some stacks like this myself. Did the wasp not fly around at all then? I'd be pretty nervous.
My girlfriend's horse box has a couple in the back hidden in rugs. I can't tell if they're dead or hibernating!
I bet they are hibernating, you can tell because they are biting on the surface - like this in situ example
Queenwaspstack by davholla2002, on Flickr

Mine was walking about rather slowly ,as for picking them up I use a brush to clime on but they have climbed onto my finger /hand without any issues .

Back