Beginner Few shots from a wedding

Name
Marcin
Edit My Images
Yes
Let me know what do you think guys, it was my first wedding where I took some pictures. In any means I was appointed photographer on this event, just a humble guest.

43945498601_92366759ba_b.jpg

43226397194_6702304010_b.jpg

30076592798_4aae5c1f81_b.jpg

43897032472_ddd990c9b4_b.jpg

43897026232_3a439e6d78_b.jpg

30076502688_d6681c518a_b.jpg

30076894678_72107b4d51_b.jpg

30076858478_f01e446155_b.jpg

Nice set of pictures for your first wedding. I’m sure they’ll enjoy them.

I’m doing my first for a friend in a month or so, looking forward to it.

Dougie.

focus not to sharp / some blown highlights
as long as you learn from these your next wedding shots should be better
as a guest photos ok
as the official tog lot more practice required

Great effort and some nicley timed and composed shots I've seen alot worse from some pros .

Thanks for commenting guys! I've got problems with focusing as I'm using manual focus lenses and still need quite a bit of practice to get better at it! Same thing with exposure, built in lightmeter is a bit flimsy to say the least but I'm learning and improving!

Like them all apart from first one and the last one. Keep half an eye on the background. In the first, the lamp is badly framed behind and in the last example the fence/railing distracts from the bride too much and sends your eyes off on a different journey.

Last edited:
focus not to sharp / some blown highlights
as long as you learn from these your next wedding shots should be better
as a guest photos ok
as the official tog lot more practice required

your joking
I don't think they're that bad at all, I too have seen far worse from official/pro togs. I'd be chuffed if a guest at our wedding had taken photos of this standard.

OP overall a nice set. Some of the processing isn't to my taste, and some of the WB is off but that's just preference (y)

No I'm not.

Some really nice moment caught there Marcin. Very nicely processed too.

Don't get too caught up on nailing focus on every shot. Obviously aim to hit focus, but don't reject less than perfect shots.

It's always really amusing how people who've never shot a wedding before (or in the last 20 years) trot out that weary camera club claptrap about 'focus, highlights and composition'. Emotion will always trump any and all of those things every single time.

Last edited:
Some really nice moment caught there Marcin. Very nicely processed too.

Don't get too caught up on nailing focus on every shot. Obviously aim to hit focus, but don't reject less than perfect shots.

It's always really amusing how people who've never shot a wedding before (or in the last 20 years) trot out that weary camera club claptrap about 'focus, highlights and composition'. Emotion will always trump any and all of those things every single time.
couldnt agree more

Love the confetti and the dancing shots. Some great moments you’ve caught there - we’ll done!

Back