Critique Few showjumping pics

you havent posted any pics.. just little thumbnails and links.... makes any critique worthless as when reading we would ahve to go back and forth to understand whats being said about what... better to actually post pics like others do :0

you havent posted any pics.. just little thumbnails and links.... makes any critique worthless as when reading we would ahve to go back and forth to understand whats being said about what... better to actually post pics like others do :0

Whoops, forgot to click full size images. Should be good now.

still too small to comment on things like sharpness.. but composition looks good.. back legs off ground.. riders faces showing.... I think they all need a little POP as there a bit dull.... a tad exposure plus maybe ?

still too small to comment on things like sharpness.. but composition looks good.. back legs off ground.. riders faces showing.... I think they all need a little POP as there a bit dull.... a tad exposure plus maybe ?

Will upload threads from the pc in the future to keep an eye on sizes. Will try the exposure boost too. Appreciate the comments, nice to hear positive ones but especially the advice to help improve things moving forward. Thanks.

#1 is very good- I like it a lot: you selected an excellent view-point for compositional and dramatic effect, from where you were able to catch the horse's & rider's faces & expressions :)
The rest are good standard snaps as records of the event, but nothing particularly interesting about them in technical photograpic terms, if you'll forgive me for expressing my personal opinion:grumpy:

#1 is very good- I like it a lot: you selected an excellent view-point for compositional and dramatic effect, from where you were able to catch the horse's & rider's faces & expressions :)
The rest are good standard snaps as records of the event, but nothing particularly interesting about them in technical photograpic terms, if you'll forgive me for expressing my personal opinion:grumpy:

No problem at all, the issue with events like these is that you only usually get one ideal jump and have to settle on how any others look from your viewpoint. And I daren't get too close as horses scare the life out of me!

...horses scare the life out of me!
I love horses, but I know just how you feel :giggle: They are such magnificent creatures, but they sure can kick and bite- some are mean and some are nervous and easily scared. You'll never find me behind one :geek:
PS: I was at the Escuela Andaluza Del Arte Ecuestre at Jerez, Spain, this Spring, & got some lovely horsey photos but have managed to lose them (temporarily I hope) in course of changing computers! They are in a Lightroom catalogue somewhere in cyber space, but I shall be back at Jerez for more in a few months anyway. These Andalucian horses are truly wonderful, and so photogenic:love:

Last edited:
I love horses, but I know just how you feel :giggle: They are such magnificent creatures, but they sure can kick and bite- some are mean and some are nervous and easily scared. You'll never find me behind one :geek:
PS: I was at the Escuela Andaluza Del Arte Ecuestre at Jerez, Spain, this Spring, & got some lovely horsey photos but have managed to lose them (temporarily I hope) in course of changing computers! They are in a Lightroom catalogue somewhere in cyber space, but I shall be back at Jerez for more in a few months anyway. These Andalucian horses are truly wonderful, and so photogenic:love:
They bite too??? Oh dear, that's another end I can't go near!

Shooting out in Jerez sounds great, especially if I could mix in some Motorsport too.

Back