FIA WEC Silverstone 19-08-18

Name
Clive
Edit My Images
Yes
Last edited:
1- Feels like there’s not enough space in front
2 and 3 - I like both of these. I tried some 3/4 and front shots over the weekend and found it really hard.
4 - Feels like it should be rotated anti clockwise a bit so everything is level

Just my opinions and I’m no expert. Wish my shots were as sharp as these!

Thanks for the input (y)
Have to agree I should have levelled 4 ! I can see what you mean about 1 being tight in the frame,but that was the look I was after.

Cheers,
Clive.

#5 for me, so sharp and discs glowing nicely.

Also like #3, where was this shot, can't pick it?

I'm not sure the slight slant hurts #4 or #5, in fact I quite like it for this type of crop.

#5 for me, so sharp and discs glowing nicely.

Also like #3, where was this shot, can't pick it?

I'm not sure the slight slant hurts #4 or #5, in fact I quite like it for this type of crop.
Thanks, #3 was shot from outside Stowe corner,right hand side of the commentary tower (or at least,thats what I think it is,but if you know Silverstone,you will know what I am on about)

Evening Clive

I'll be different, number 2 by a mile for me, the subject isolation against the background absolutely make it. The contrast between perfectly lit subject and darker background works so well.
Not a fan of chopping cars in half when side on, but these are well exposed and show good detail, so nice work Clive.

Be boring if we all liked the same stuff wouldn't it...

all the best

Stuart

Personally, I would go a bit more crazy with the angles and tilt the two head on shots a lot more - but that's just personal preference.

I think 4 is the pick of the bunch - I prefer it to five because the shot just doesn't work for me without the nose in shot.

Thanks, #3 was shot from outside Stowe corner,right hand side of the commentary tower (or at least,thats what I think it is,but if you know Silverstone,you will know what I am on about)

Ah thanks, got it. Just been looking through my own shots and realised that’s a red rim not disc glow, d’oh. Still my favourite though.

Ah thanks, got it. Just been looking through my own shots and realised that’s a red rim not disc glow, d’oh. Still my favourite though.

Yes,the red rim had me believing it was a glowing disk at first :LOL::whistle:

Back