FIA WEC Silverstone

Name
Ash
Edit My Images
Yes
It's been a while, probably about a year in fact since I last picked up my camera properly. Rather bored of Silverstone as I feel like I've done a good amount of angles and so I decided to give myself a bit of a challenge with lowering the shutter speeds a bit (mostly under 1/100th) which, along with being rusty, fences and feel as if I've kind of reached the 1000d's limits didn't yield great results. Had a few that I'm happy with but they were few and far between. Hoping to get to some other circuits this year to get back into photography again!

26497912096_bc543e0de1_c.jpg

26251073090_6f7ca63e8b_c.jpg

25921116243_02b97863a2_c.jpg

26431708882_8975a792cd_c.jpg

26431615902_a922f2e0db_c.jpg

26524059325_2d94c2757b_c.jpg

Last one I think is a bit too busy but was a slightly different angle for me!

Any comments welcome.
Full (mostly lacklustre set) here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/ash_gt/albums/72157667182573422

Ash

Last edited:
First one the best for me, most of the rest far too blurry due to shutter speed.

Rather bored of Silverstone as I feel like I've done a good amount of angles
I must admit I came away feeling the same thing. You're so restricted on where you can clearly see the track that you just end up with the same shots (as everyone else) a lot of the time.

I like 4 too. Was that copse? I found a lot of my rear end shots suffered from heat haze from the engine and/or the track so they were no where near as sharp as yours.

Thanks guys.
Yes it's copse. Managed to get to the same position last year around the same time of day and seems to work well!

Thanks. I might have to see if I can work out which little hole you've found in the fence there :)

i think that was the idea

It was the cars rather than the background, I was commenting on.

I expected the cars to be sharp all over, as per 1.

The background blur was very pleasing.

Anyway, who woke you up?

Haven't seen you here for years!

Last edited:
Thanks. I might have to see if I can work out which little hole you've found in the fence there :)
literally the furthest point you can get to before the corner. Used to be an actual hole in the fence there but now there's a bit of fence over it, but it's much easier to shoot through than the standard silverstone fencing

I expected the cars to be sharp all over, as per 1.

Technically not possible for subjects not running basically parallel to you if you want a shutter speed which is still going to generate plenty of background blur. There was a great technical write-up of why it happens posted here once, but I can't find it!

Technically not possible for subjects not running basically parallel to you if you want a shutter speed which is still going to generate plenty of background blur. There was a great technical write-up of why it happens posted here once, but I can't find it!

Yes, a wee bit later and 2 and 5 would have been parallel.

As to 6, I doubt whether physics plays a part!

I like them. Gone a lot slower than me, went to 1/200th and was getting frustrated then!

Back