Fields of gold...well yellow!

Name
Graeme
Edit My Images
Yes
Came across this rapeseed field on the outskirts of Basingstoke this past weekend. Love this time of the year. Would like to have got there for some golden light, but now that I know how to access the field I will hopefully be able to get back.

View attachment 36704

Last edited:
That sure is yellow, the tracks from the tractor lead the eye in well.

Looks very over processed for my taste.:)

Ah good evening! Another Basingstoke tog! Is that on the A33 at Dummer, down over the back of the garden centre?
That's a real solid yellow, it's amazing how when your right up close to the rape it's not so special but pull away a bit and it looks solid.
Nice lead in to the trees at the top. Works well(y)
All the best Steve

I do like the lead in lines with the tractor tracks and the bit of blue & green at the top contrasts nicely but the yellow looks way overprocessed. Would have been tempted to show a little bit more sky.

Too much saturation and the tracks lead into....not much tbh. More headroom on the sky would have helped so you had contrast with the blue/green/yellow but as it is, its a lump of yellow with some tracks in it.

Sorry to be so blunt but finding something for the eye to focus on would help enormously with this type of shot.

I agree with the saturation. It hasn't done the sky any favours either.

Thank you for the replies, all appreciated and will take the advice on board. I can't disagree about the saturation.

Ah good evening! Another Basingstoke tog! Is that on the A33 at Dummer, down over the back of the garden centre?
That's a real solid yellow, it's amazing how when your right up close to the rape it's not so special but pull away a bit and it looks solid.
Nice lead in to the trees at the top. Works well(y)
All the best Steve
The very one Steve..nice spot! :)

Hi mate spotted it on the way back from the Bluebells at Mitcheldever! Be nice to catch that field with a decent sunset too ;)

Hi mate spotted it on the way back from the Bluebells at Mitcheldever! Be nice to catch that field with a decent sunset too ;)

Absolutely! Perhaps we could meet up at the pub just up from it sometime and get a pic of sunset.

Works for me Graeme! We will have to sort out the logistics of that mate. I will PM you;)

Back