Fields of purple

Name
paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, thought I'll visit the lavender fields of hitchin. Hoping they had come out in full bloom and wasn't disappointed. Just arrived and so did the rain, annoyed after all the blue skies we've had recently. Lucky as the field cleared so did the rain with a hint of blue! Lovely place and worth a visit for a sunset.

image by woody174, on Flickr

Hi Paul, nice effort mate - shame about the light - looks a little underexposed but as you say I reckon sunset would be good. I'd also be tempted to angle the camera straight down the lavender rows and possibly try a shot in portrait format.
Just my pennys worth!

Thanks Neil, took loads including looking down the lavender rows without the sky. Used all three of my lenses including some Boken with the 35mm 1.8.

This is what my local lavender place looks like too :)
Five "lanes" in full bloom and the rest way behind :LOL:
I keep bobbing back to have a look.
Lavender, I find, is very much a trial and error thing.

Thanks Ruth,only trouble is the farm shuts at five and is crying out for a golden hour sunset shot. There is no public access because I checked it out. I'm the sort of person to get into a lot of trouble for trespassing if I didn't respect the law lol.

Thanks Ruth,only trouble is the farm shuts at five and is crying out for a golden hour sunset shot. There is no public access because I checked it out. I'm the sort of person to get into a lot of trouble for trespassing if I didn't respect the law lol.

Yeah, but it's a civil law.....And they'd have to catch you...:LOL: ;)

Back