Grey Heron on a grey day
420mm; ISO 250; f/6.3; 1/640s; handheld
Lovely shot, the BG compliments the colour of the heron
Another beauty Russ
A nice image Russ with good feather detail.
Lovely detail Russ, especially handheld at 1/640s.
- Many thanks, Gary - I was surprised how many tones of grey there were on that grey day in poor light
- Cheers, Kev - herons do have a certain beauty despite their prehistoric looks!
- Many thanks, David, The poor light somehow seems to have brought out the best in it's plumage
- Comments much appreciated, Dale - most of my shots these days are handheld as I can't be messing around with tripods, and the image stabilisation on my Canon 300 f/2.8 is great when used in conjunction with a 7D.
Great shot such a prehistoric looking bird bit like my ex ha.......
- Cheers Dexs - right place at right time (doesn't happen that often)
- Many thanks John, glad you like it