B&W Figure in Forest Mist

Very nice Darren, love everything about this, the capture framing and processing.

I can see why, it's a nice image.

Crikey, thank you guys! Anyone know how I could've posted a more compact version at the same res?

Nice pic. If it had been mine I'd have cloned out the second faint figure to leave a single focal point & increase the sense of loneliness.

When compressing images for serious viewing it's easy to go too far and get artifacts etc. I'd therefore suggest not compressing, but instead resizing down a little to maybe 1200px on the long side.

1200px, noted thanks.
I tried it with a single figure but it was a bit too simplified for some reason. I, fancifully, quite like the idea that it's the same person on a journey or at least that there's movement into the mist?
I'm open to edits though

I like the idea of the figures walking into the shot to an unknown destination. Could I ask what you P/P was please?

I like the idea of the figures walking into the shot to an unknown destination. Could I ask what you P/P was please?
I would honestly tell you in detail if I could remember but, unfortunately I can't. I'm one of those sloppy people that does stuff to pics until I like them but I know I like a slightly retro B&W with inky blacks. I used Topaz Adjust 5, probably Topaz Clarity & Silver Efex not necessarily in that order. Again on the retro feel I really like using Photoshop dodge & burn, on monos it can be really powerful imho

I would honestly tell you in detail if I could remember but, unfortunately I can't. I'm one of those sloppy people that does stuff to pics until I like them but I know I like a slightly retro B&W with inky blacks. I used Topaz Adjust 5, probably Topaz Clarity & Silver Efex not necessarily in that order. Again on the retro feel I really like using Photoshop dodge & burn, on monos it can be really powerful imho

lol, I know what you mean.

Back