Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Name
Janet
Edit My Images
Yes
The theme for August 2019 is DECAY.

Entries to be posted in this thread by 23:59 on Saturday 31st August 2019. A poll will go up for seven days afterwards.

Entries must be SHOT ON FILM, and must be TAKEN ON OR AFTER THE 28th NOVEMBER 2018.

This thread is for entries only. The rules and themes can be found here, and the discussion thread for 2019 is here.

The house is getting worse over the years as I've shots of it going back 6 years. Tried a Viv 24mm on the F4 and used Vista:-
pIWREF8.jpg

There used to be dog shows in this field. They'd attract a sizeable crowd of participants and spectators and, while I never stopped to watch, I drove past and witnessed them often enought to recognise that they were a fairly regular occurrence.

Then a few years ago they just stopped. I don't know why they ended (or even realised that they had at first) but it became apparent that the field was starting to become unkempt and, before long, the container in the mddle of the field that had contained the ramps, tunnels and other obstacles for the dogs to negotiate was opened to the elements. More recently it's had sizeable chunks of its structure removed. The field seems to have a new lease of life where wildflowers are concerned though!

Minolta Hi-Matic G2
Ilford HP5+

FILM - Where the dog-shows used to be
by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Last edited:
This is a few fields from us, I think it may have started life as a barn, then made into a house because of the chimney etc, but has been like this for as long as anyone can remember.
M2 35/2 Delta 100 in DDX

Untitled (6) b.jpg

Well after failing miserably to come up with anything original here's my attempt. Taken just a couple of miles from Ian's rotting old hulk (the boat obviously, not Ian himself :D) these lock gates were in very poor condition and a series of repairs were being undertaken to make them usable again.

Ross Ensign 16-20 on Ektar 100.
Saltersford Locks by Andy, on Flickr

Congratulations to this month's top 3 scorers @Peter B, @sirch and @Harlequin565. Well deserved!

There were some excellent entries this time, well done everyone.

I'll put the latest leaderboard up later when I'm at a computer

Yep. Well done to all entrants!

@Peter B you know the drill now. Drop me a PM or an email with the photo you want a print of.

Cracking entries this month.

Thanks Janet & Ian, there were indeed some fine entries and especially @sirch who was so close all the way. I'm heading off in the caravan on Tuesday for a few days, so I'll be in touch before then.

Well done Peter, it was my favourite this month.
Thanks Chris. I really liked your choice of apples and the way they decayed and lost colour from left to right, and I thought it would probably win.

Its tight at the top!

Well done Peter and the rest of you are philistines....:D:D

Back